PDA

View Full Version : CR Loch Lubnaig 1&2

Squibby
30-05-2013, 18:51
Both of these are getting the car park upgraded as I found out today, no notice to say when they will reopen.

POI Admin
30-05-2013, 18:56
Thanks for the update :)

Wooie1958
30-05-2013, 20:08
Both of these are getting the car park upgraded as I found out today, no notice to say when they will reopen.

Here is the info on what`s happening at Loch Lubnaig :-

5 Lochs Blog | News and updates of improvements in the 5 Lochs area of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park (http://5lochsblog.com/)

champstar
28-07-2013, 13:28
Seems that info I have received is that the 2 Motorhome pitches will have to be booked and an overnight fee of 15 has been mooted....missing the target audience methinks.

I would not use it as there are plenty of other local places to overnight..pity as Lubnaig was a particular fav of mine

hillwalker
09-09-2013, 21:28
Eh,
I will defo not be camping there again , it's a shame really as it was a lovely wild camp location , that's what national parks brings you .... ah well , need ti find a new spot that's free ..

runnach
09-09-2013, 21:53
Eh,
I will defo not be camping there again , it's a shame really as it was a lovely wild camp location , that's what national parks brings you .... ah well , need ti find a new spot that's free ..

Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, is a very large area, unfortunately, there are many users of park who do nothing but abuse the park. I've seen it myself. Tree's chopped down, excrement everywhere, disgusting all round, really.

Park Rangers are decent folks, they have cut us slack on more than one occasion, parked where we should not have been, but, they know the difference between those that care for our countryside and, those out for a buckfast weekend.

Lubnaig is the start, more will follow, we only have the nerds to thank for this!

Alibalibeee
13-05-2014, 19:12
I think the 2 spots at Loch Lubnaig are much improved and we'll worth the 15 a night. Especially since the fee has eradicated the pikies and larger louts that had spilled over from the Loch Lomond wild camping ban.

kimbowbill
14-05-2014, 05:16
Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, is a very large area, unfortunately, there are many users of park who do nothing but abuse the park. I've seen it myself. Tree's chopped down, excrement everywhere, disgusting all round, really.

Park Rangers are decent folks, they have cut us slack on more than one occasion, parked where we should not have been, but, they know the difference between those that care for our countryside and, those out for a buckfast weekend.

Lubnaig is the start, more will follow, we only have the nerds to thank for this!

Seen it myself R, was so disappointed when turned up once to stay, the loch looked like Sheffield city centre on a Friday night, full of drunks, real shame, such a lovely place.

runnach
14-05-2014, 11:47
Seen it myself R, was so disappointed when turned up once to stay, the loch looked like Sheffield city centre on a Friday night, full of drunks, real shame, such a lovely place.

Hi Jen, I passed CP2 on way home at Easter, was a quick glance, but looks the part. CP1 was work in progress. Only a matter of time where decent spots will no longer be available to WC around national park!

My moneys on Loch Venachar CP next?

champstar
15-05-2014, 17:03
not sure if the camping is open yet. The tent camping is not. There is a CDP that has a padlock on it. I think you need to ask at the kiosk for the key. Drinking water is available but only at outside sinks, didn't see a tap with a hose connector. Was going to ask at the kiosk about the pricing but it was busy. I tried to email them through their website but it does not work. If the 15 quid is correct it is a lot for not a lot and you have to pay for day parking on top unless you have a blue badge..

I agree that the yobs ruined a great spot but the problem has just moved lochs. It is set up for day trippers and the motorhome parking is an afterthought. It wont get the business at the price quoted.

dr dave
15-05-2014, 17:21
Talking of people abusing laybys around loch lomand recently we went up the side of said loch on our way up north and stopped in a layby for a cuppa, This meant me getting out walking to the nearside to turn the gas on. The next thing i realised i was paddling in the contents of someones toilet, liquid solids and paper and by the look of the turds the culprit had a prolapsed anus. Or at least should have one! No attempt at all at hygiene not even near a grate just dumped on the tarmac. What goes through these peoples minds? My initial thought was a hire van but who knows?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS