PDA

View Full Version : Boat for sale

Gemani2
06-06-2013, 13:14
Hi not sure if I can put this on here..selling our boat see link below ( saving for a hymer 644) ..cheers guys

WESTERLY KONSORT BILGE KEEL | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251281730005?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

Smaug
06-06-2013, 13:23
Lovely boat, who did the doghouse? It looks very neat, but I suspect it lacks standing headroom. I presume she is 6berths in total? Konsorts are one of the best sailing boats Westerly ever made.

Gemani2
06-06-2013, 13:29
Hiya, the dog house was on there when we bought it..it's low r.e. headroom but would never be without it sailing the lovely calm waters of the Bristol Channel!!!! Sorry to see her go but as we get older we don't need all the 'toys' about us if you know what I mean...just heading for a more simpler way of life really and spending time more wisely...she is a brilliant boat...torn between camper / boat....hard decision!

Smaug
06-06-2013, 14:48
Hiya, the dog house was on there when we bought it..it's low r.e. headroom but would never be without it sailing the lovely calm waters of the Bristol Channel!!!! Sorry to see her go but as we get older we don't need all the 'toys' about us if you know what I mean...just heading for a more simpler way of life really and spending time more wisely...she is a brilliant boat...torn between camper / boat....hard decision!

I have an old Westerly Pentland Ketch in Caernarfon, but using it less since we came back into motorhomes again, but I don't want to let it go! The good lady prefers land cruising to sailing, but does miss the quiet anchorages & wildlife.

The Menai Straits & Anglesey is second only to the Bristol Channel for tides, but the scenery is 100 x better! Sitting in the sun, listening to the oyster catchers, with a drink in your hand & snow on the mountains across the water does take a bit of beating. We even watched an Osprey feeding last year.

But bashing thro the overfalls, with wind over tide, in the pouring rain doesn't quite match up to pottering along a country lane either.

barryd
06-06-2013, 17:11
Looks a cracking boat. I ended up selling mine (motor cruiser) due to Mrs D's lack of interest. I always wanted a sailer as I love sailing and my life time ambition was to spend about 5 years going around the world (slowly). Sadly I could never convince Mrs D to do it. The two times I took her sailing ended in disasater. First time it blew up a gale on a friends Fox Terrier which is a lively little boat at the best of times. Second time I hired a Hunter on the west coast of Scotland which hadnt been used for a year and promptly started to sink.

I could just take off in that though. Looks terrific. Good Luck.

Gemani2
08-01-2014, 19:31
My boat didn't sell when I put it on ebay last year so now advertising it again
Now 18000.00 o.n.o

QFour
11-01-2014, 22:56
Good Luck with the sale .. We sold ours 2 years ago and bought a MH .. Got fed up of the weather and marina fees .. Every time we planned a trip the weather seemed to change for the worst .. So we gave up and either go on a flotilla or charter in the Med .. Its much warmer ..

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS