PDA

View Full Version : wild camping in swansea

helen.dipn
04-02-2008, 08:54
Hi There...

am new to this but have been wild camping nearly every weekend since I bought my campervan last october. Mainly in swansea marina and mumbles area. Would be interested to know if theres any others of you out there in this area who know other places in and around swansea??

Thanks

Hel

Don
04-02-2008, 09:14
Hi Helen Dipn, This area is for putting your recomended place for wild camping, Questions and discussions are on the main area's at the top of the front page. Click on Wild Camping For Motorhomes and click on any of the top ones. Folk only come down here if they are going to new areas. Your question will gathermore intereston other parts of thisforum.

Don

Lazy
16-05-2009, 10:36
Hi
just heading into that area where are the good sites to wild camp. sounds interesting
cheers Lazy

romafree
10-07-2009, 07:54
Just looking for a place to wild park for one night in Swansea area or nearby.....trouble being, it's for tomorrow night!! ;)
If you know of anywhere though and tomorrow has been and gone, still post please?!! :) Thanks!!

carlsenior
18-07-2009, 08:52
Just spent a great night in Mumbles pitched opposite Knab Rock Car Park, fantastic views and no problems :) there was another van pitched near us and they seemed to be enjoying the scenery as well :D

jogguk
18-07-2009, 12:26
Just spent a great night in Mumbles pitched opposite Knab Rock Car Park, fantastic views and no problems :) there was another van pitched near us and they seemed to be enjoying the scenery as well :D

Can you give a bit more info, or link a google map? Knab Rock Car Park means nothing to me:o

thanks
john

found it

danbuswell
11-08-2009, 14:49
is this where you mean?

knab rock - Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=knab+rock&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=4.257294,26.542969&ie=UTF8&ll=51.570962,-3.985022&spn=0.001294,0.005472&t=h&z=18)

carlsenior
12-08-2009, 09:40
Yep, thats the place, but not in the car park itself (even though you often see vans pitched there) opposite the entrance to the car park just up from the yachting club there are a few spaces big enough for a van and off the road behind the yellow lines - I often stay there with no hassle ;)

danbuswell
14-08-2009, 07:28
im going up there tonight to give it a go hope all goes well!!!

danbuswell
17-08-2009, 12:51
hay there tried this place on Friday night and was plesently suprised the view was amazing and didnt get moved on only stayed on Friday night but it was very nice, pubs not too far away and there are plenty to choose from (went to the Village inn and the food was amazing)

did see another van camping in the car park but didnt want to risk it as the sign DID say no camping so we ended up on the side of the road behind the yellow lines

So thanks

freelander
17-08-2009, 23:54
Stayed in Horton car park last year no signs for no overnight parking then! toilets close at eight and open at eight am also have cold shower ( dats if u up to it!) Short walk across lane to Porteinon where der is a nice restaurant, chip shop and cosy pub.

barnybg
13-11-2009, 18:41
Ok,theres a carpark on the main drag out of Swansea,along the coast road heading for Mumbles,its at the traffic lights ON THE LEFT,theres a turning at the traffic lights to the Hospital on right and on the right is a small park and pond with pedaloes etc,this i have used all day (pay and display)as just 5 mtrs away,although you cant see it,(over the path and up banking)is the dunes and the sea! topless bathing too....lovely,not sure of the night sorry,could be noisy with traffic or a bit vunrable ???
If you head for Oxwich Bay,on the way you will see a shop/car park,sort of in the middle of nowhere,on the main road,stop there park up,walk across the road and up a bit,through the trees a little path,follow it for 50 mtrs it will open out to a secret bay and dunes with a small river which twice a day/night fish big fish will come up on the tide (NO FISHING/BAILIFFS)ABOVE the dunes there is a ruined castle called PENNARD.Nice for a camp fire and tent,not sure how busy it gets now though,as it was MY secret place for years and years.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS