PDA

View Full Version : Langsett Barn Near Barnsley

tresrikay
04-02-2008, 10:57
On A616, between the Flouch roundabout and Stocksbridge, there is a nicely laid out car park, no height barriers no (no overnight parking) sign, no charge. Hard standing, picnic tables and next to a reservoir with footpaths. Small hamlet has a pub and cafe 50mtrs. Not stayed just pulled over to make a phone call and checked it out. Maybe Mandrake knows it well as he lives nearby.

Telstar
04-02-2008, 11:49
I live nearer than Mandrake! although I never considered it because it is very close to where I live, having said that it could be a good stop over. Yesterday, during the day it was extremely busy. What I will do is check it out at night to make sure that no undesirables are utilising it. It is on Water Authority land if I recall correctly. There are a small number of other potential sites around this area, but I am mindful of the boy racers.

As a side note there are two CL/CSs very nearby. The first one is on a hill top and the water comes from the farms own spring, the second CL/CS I have never seen anybody use and I wouldn't even try to get a motorhome onto the CL/CS area.

Jon

cas
04-02-2008, 16:58
On A616, between the Flouch roundabout and Stocksbridge, there is a nicely laid out car park, no height barriers no (no overnight parking) sign, no charge. Hard standing, picnic tables and next to a reservoir with footpaths. Small hamlet has a pub and cafe 50mtrs. Not stayed just pulled over to make a phone call and checked it out. Maybe Mandrake knows it well as he lives nearby.

Close to me as well Used to go to the flouch disco and the waggon and horses and the silver fox in my younger day

Telstar
15-02-2008, 16:06
Been and inspected on two occassions. First was a Tuesday night, not a single person or car about. Visited there last night with the good lady, again not a single person about and she agreed it would be a good spot with a pub and cafe nearby. It doesn't have any 'donut' marks so appears to be boy racer free. The car park is set under trees and has tresrikay says it is level. Although near to the main road, there was very little road noise. I suggest that you park furthest away from the road, you are a little more sheltered from view. Infact when spring springs, you might not even see the road due to the leaves.

Infact I'll take my camera next time.

Jon

tresrikay
15-02-2008, 17:08
Been and inspected on two occassions. First was a Tuesday night, not a single person or car about. Visited there last night with the good lady, again not a single person about and she agreed it would be a good spot with a pub and cafe nearby. It doesn't have any 'donut' marks so appears to be boy racer free. The car park is set under trees and has tresrikay says it is level. Although near to the main road, there was very little road noise. I suggest that you park furthest away from the road, you are a little more sheltered from view. Infact when spring springs, you might not even see the road due to the leaves.

Infact I'll take my camera next time.

Jon

Thanks for the detective work Jon, I wouldn't stay there myself but only because my brother lives in Birdwell and when I am there I stop in his drive. Its just when I stopped to make a phone call a couple of weeks ago, the old brain cogs started whiring and I'm glad it seems positive. Would be a great stopover heading north as not too far from M1.;)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS