PDA

View Full Version : Hayfield opens W/E 14/15/16 March

tresrikay
05-02-2008, 18:39
Just booked this w/e as it is the opening of my favourite site. It is a CCC site, no electric no hardstanding but always pretty firm. It is only open to Motorhomes and tents ( no caravans allowed ) and as a basic facility site it is cheap. The village of Hayfield Derbyshire is just a 15 min walk from the site and all the footpaths to Kinder scout and loads of others start beside the site. The best walking in the peak. The site is open to non members (of the CCC) so, why not join me and kick off the season in style.... last year on the opening w/e there were just 4 vans on the whole site so we could have a real good party.:):):):):);)http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hayfield+campsite+Derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.481508,-1.617737&spn=0.704435,1.851196&z=9&iwloc=A

05-02-2008, 18:49
HI Richard, have you heard anything from Cromford yet?:confused:

lenny
05-02-2008, 19:10
Just booked this w/e as it is the opening of my favourite site. It is a CCC site, no electric no hardstanding but always pretty firm. It is only open to Motorhomes and tents and as a basic facility site it is cheap. The village of Hayfield Derbyshire is just a 15 min walk from the site and all the footpaths to Kinder scout and loads of others start beside the site. The best walking in the peak. The site is open to non members (of the CCC) so, why not join me and kick off the season in style.... last year on the opening w/e there were just 4 vans on the whole site so we could have a real good party.:):):):):);)

Sounds interesting:rolleyes: I could nearly double the vans tally if I were to bring mine.:eek::D
Must check the old diary first and speak to the good lady:rolleyes:

tresrikay
06-02-2008, 09:02
HI Richard, have you heard anything from Cromford yet?:confused:

No, not a dicky bird but I think it will go to a committee meeting first.

tresrikay
06-02-2008, 09:04
Sounds interesting:rolleyes: I could nearly double the vans tally if I were to bring mine.:eek::D

Love to meet you at last lenny, can you round up all the fleets drivers at Wingnut tours....;)

tresrikay
06-02-2008, 17:20
Just booked this w/e as it is the opening of my favourite site. It is a CCC site, no electric no hardstanding but always pretty firm. It is only open to Motorhomes and tents and as a basic facility site it is cheap. The village of Hayfield Derbyshire is just a 15 min walk from the site and all the footpaths to Kinder scout and loads of others start beside the site. The best walking in the peak. The site is open to non members (of the CCC) so, why not join me and kick off the season in style.... last year on the opening w/e there were just 4 vans on the whole site so we could have a real good party.:):):):):);)

Just to add Hayfield has 6 pubs 3 with excellent food plus 2 restaurants and a chippy and there is a pub 5 mins from the site.;)

tresrikay
21-02-2008, 13:40

Are we going to see the new Gin palace here?

tresrikay
03-03-2008, 10:58

Just to remind anyone that fancies a meet up, the site is cheap as chips as a member I am paying 3.90 pre night on my own. A pub 5 mins walk away, 5 more in the village, 3 restaurants and a chippy plus the best Hillwalking Paths starting in the campsite. Come on, get booking but it doesn't open till the 13th.;);) and remember no Caravans.http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hayfield+campsite+Derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.481508,-1.617737&spn=0.704435,1.851196&z=9&iwloc=A

Telstar
03-03-2008, 11:31
Would have loved to have come with it being so close to home, but rallying this weekend at Overton on Dee. I understand its behind a pub, so all is not lost....

Jon

tresrikay
03-03-2008, 17:39
Would have loved to have come with it being so close to home, but rallying this weekend at Overton on Dee. I understand its behind a pub, so all is not lost....

Jon

Cheers Jon, you do lead a hectic life, never mind I go there lots through the season as it is such a nice place so maybe you could meet some other W/E. Enjoy your rally

tresrikay
09-03-2008, 16:51
Just booked this w/e as it is the opening of my favourite site. It is a CCC site, no electric no hardstanding but always pretty firm. It is only open to Motorhomes and tents ( no caravans allowed ) and as a basic facility site it is cheap. The village of Hayfield Derbyshire is just a 15 min walk from the site and all the footpaths to Kinder scout and loads of others start beside the site. The best walking in the peak. The site is open to non members (of the CCC) so, why not join me and kick off the season in style.... last year on the opening w/e there were just 4 vans on the whole site so we could have a real good party.:):):):):);)http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Hayfield+campsite+Derbyshire&ie=UTF8&ll=53.481508,-1.617737&spn=0.704435,1.851196&z=9&iwloc=A

Going to be there from thursday to Sunday.

Trevor
09-03-2008, 17:48
Why no caravans if its a CCC site just curious ;)

tresrikay
10-03-2008, 09:42
Why no caravans if its a CCC site just curious ;)

The access road through Hayfield is very congested and fairly narrow and the combined lenght of a tugger and trailer would cause chaos, so they are banned...... its such a shame i have a good long snigge...... er sorry cry for them every time I go........ it would also be awkward for 30ft+ M?Hs. However the site seems to have a great almost old fashioned feel to it with all the tenters and camper vans, it doesn't have that housing estate feel of the snooty caravan club sites and at 3.90 a night in low season why wild. With all that superb walking all around the site Kinder scout, mount famine, south head, lantern pike, penine way, jacobs ladder, Edale cross and then theres the pubs...................... bliss.

Geoff.W
10-03-2008, 15:15
Hi Rick.

Hope you have a good time this weekend, I wish we could join you as I enjoyed your company at Cromford, but unfortunatly this weekend is out for us.

Hopefully you will get some others interested as it sounds like a real good spot, by the way I see its a CCC site, do they take non members? Also how bad is the access and would I get with my Yank (23ft long and 8ft wide).

tresrikay
10-03-2008, 17:08
Hi Rick.

Hope you have a good time this weekend, I wish we could join you as I enjoyed your company at Cromford, but unfortunatly this weekend is out for us.

Hopefully you will get some others interested as it sounds like a real good spot, by the way I see its a CCC site, do they take non members? Also how bad is the access and would I get with my Yank (23ft long and 8ft wide).

Thanks Geoff, Yes to both Questions, open to non members and last year there was a 26' yank bus type on site, It is just towing that would make it awkward as in the village you take a sharp left uphill that joins another lane but your M/H would be fine.

loubylou
10-03-2008, 17:14
I am definately going to this site in the summer I have been looking at it for a while, as the location looks great in the books, so close to kinder scout. It's also in the same neck of woods as Grindleford, which is a bit of a childhood place for me.

Anybody interested in drier weather?

tresrikay
10-03-2008, 17:41
I am definately going to this site in the summer I have been looking at it for a while, as the location looks great in the books, so close to kinder scout. It's also in the same neck of woods as Grindleford, which is a bit of a childhood place for me.

Anybody interested in drier weather?

I am there at least once sometimes twice a month, good times are the May queen festival week in May, The whole town gets involved with manikins and scarecrows and a wonderfull community spirit also the Hayfield sheepdog trials and fair which is at little Hayfield (free bus from Hayfield) in September, but any time is good and the walking sublime. Just google, Hayfield festivals.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS