PDA

View Full Version : South West France Weather not looking good!

carolinemoon
18-06-2013, 09:01
So the plan is to head down to Biscarrosse next Thursday for two weeks (stopping off at the island just off La Rochelle on the way & seeing a tiny bit of the pyrenees on the way back)

According to the weather forecast, it's looking like rain nearly the whole time - so, as a back up, I'm thinking we could keep going down into Spain to hopefully find the sun.

I'm assuming we'd have to head to the costa.........(somewhere or another) but have no idea where. We don't want to be driving forever and don't like huge built up resorts which is the impression I get of the med side of Spain

Can anyone recommend somewhere please?

carolinemoon
19-06-2013, 10:08
Great, now it seems the pyrenees is on red flood alert and several campsites have been evacuated....:scared:

Teutone
19-06-2013, 10:46
we stayed in Paris for two days and wanted to head to La Rochelle - Ile de Re but looking at the weather forecast we went to the South of France. Nice and sunny here but today a bit overcast and the odd spot of Rain.

shortcircuit
19-06-2013, 11:16
Really impressed here as weather forecast is 16 days ahead? Is your holiday going to revolve around this prediction? :)

carolinemoon
19-06-2013, 11:57
Really impressed here as weather forecast is 16 days ahead? Is your holiday going to revolve around this prediction? :)

I can see what your saying & I know the weather isn't everything, but we have saved hard for the last 12 months to afford this holiday and did want warm sunshine... I hope the forecasts are wrong and we get to relax in the sun, not shelter from the rain (we can do that in the UK)

I probably am panicking - but that's just me....I'm a worrier!!!:dance:

billi
19-06-2013, 12:10
we are working in se france and the weather as been good ere.there av been customers from our/other tour operators that av been changing sites from the sw to the se as the forcast is so bad.really nice down ere near bezier[valras-plage],not 2 busy and u can see the mountains from ere[only 1 hours drive away]ps-spain is only 2 hours away.pm if u near help

mariesnowgoose
19-06-2013, 12:23
Billi, I love the 'allo 'allo accent ;) :lol-053:

channa
19-06-2013, 13:41
we are working in se france and the weather as been good ere.there av been customers from our/other tour operators that av been changing sites from the sw to the se as the forcast is so bad.really nice down ere near bezier[valras-plage],not 2 busy and u can see the mountains from ere[only 1 hours drive away]ps-spain is only 2 hours away.pm if u near help Hi Billi you with HB ? .....I have a few contacts down that neck if you get stuck

Channa ( near clumber)

FM02MZO
19-06-2013, 15:52
We have always gone down the SW coast of France because we prefer it, and try to stay a Navarrenx, but if the weather is rubbish we always head for the Somport tunnel, because when you come out the other side the weather is always perfect.

carolinemoon
19-06-2013, 18:12
We have always gone down the SW coast of France because we prefer it, and try to stay a Navarrenx, but if the weather is rubbish we always head for the Somport tunnel, because when you come out the other side the weather is always perfect.

We've never been down the SW coast, that's why we thought we'd try it! Will look at Navarrenx, thanks for the tip. Going to Google the Somport tunnel now too!

billi
20-06-2013, 05:01
good moaning marie.
hi channa,get in touch with doodles as he knows sum local poi,s.will and milli will let u stop outside theres.[he is also a good cook!!!]

drxburgh
01-07-2013, 19:00
We've never been down the SW coast, that's why we thought we'd try it! Will look at Navarrenx, thanks for the tip. Going to Google the Somport tunnel now too!

We have been to Murcia several times. Once we went through the Somport Tunnel in Late October. The route was fine but the stretch south of Bordeaux to Paul was chargeable - but now the N 10 is going the same way!

When we go next in September we are going to follow the long road south articles in Mmm magazine in December 2011 & January 2012.

Somport was no problem but our van is only 6 metres with the 150 Fiat engine.

We have yet to try the 121 from the Coast to Pamplona - that is part of the route to try next.

Hope that helps

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS