PDA

View Full Version : Water tap aberdeen and showers

bikercat
22-06-2013, 19:50
Hi anyone know where there is a watertap Aberdeen and showers

vwalan
22-06-2013, 19:53
must be a swimming pool or leisure center .

bikercat
22-06-2013, 20:02
Hi thanks for quick reply, yes leisure centre but i am a bit too modest for there type of showers lol

shortcircuit
22-06-2013, 20:06
Visit any cemetery and you will find a tap. If still there Bon Accord pool at west end of Union Street? Failing that that the Dee or Don or the North Sea :dance:

maingate
22-06-2013, 20:21
If you have not already arrived at Aberdeen then there is a Leisure Centre AND Public Baths at Stonehaven.

Gee
22-06-2013, 20:25
Hi thanks for quick reply, yes leisure centre but i am a bit too modest for there type of showers lol

Hi,
You'll find most leisure centres have private showers cubicles. What do people do after sweaty squash or workout. All Highland council sports centres offer showers for 2. Maybe Aberdeen council do the same. Also worth trying the seamans mission down by the harbour. Taps also usually available at filling stations for customers (bit of fuel) or side walls of some public toilets.

mumumum4
23-06-2013, 06:21
Hi,
We have a water tap in our driveway, and if we are in you can have a shower (no charge lol). We don't have a fancy house, but we always have hot water and warm towels. you can also empty your toilet in ours if you want to.

We are at AB25 3SL no 28. There's usually a campervan in the driveway, but it's going off to the garage later today for a couple of days to get a checkover for our trip to france at the start of July. If you need a more precise address, let me know.

Alison

Daiboy
23-06-2013, 10:29
Hi,
We have a water tap in our driveway, and if we are in you can have a shower (no charge lol). We don't have a fancy house, but we always have hot water and warm towels. you can also empty your toilet in ours if you want to.

We are at AB25 3SL no 28. There's usually a campervan in the driveway, but it's going off to the garage later today for a couple of days to get a checkover for our trip to france at the start of July. If you need a more precise address, let me know.

Alison

What a lovely response. I'm up in Aberdeen on 2nd July for my granddaughters graduation, I won't need water or a shower because the occasions demands I look good and don't smell so I'll push the boat out and use a site. If you've not left for France before then I'd like to buy you a drink though for your kind offer to fellow forum members. Isn't this forum and it's members brilliant.

Daiboy

bikercat
23-06-2013, 18:39
Oh Alison that was such a kind offer. We went to Stonehaven as the leisure centre at the beach is just short of 4 for a shower and you cant be a modest person to use them compared to them the north sea would be better lol

Pilotewanderers
23-06-2013, 19:12
Just to point out that the pool at Stonehaven is the last open air heated seawater pool in Scotland (to the best of my knowledge) and the showers are open as built in the 1930's, which is to say no privacy for the shy ones.

I know as I painted the place................it's run by volunteers.

PW

mumumum4
24-06-2013, 10:17
hi all, thanks for your kind responses to my offer, which is open to anyone else visiting the area.
I've often looked around the city for useful waterpoints since we started to wildcamp, and there are very few.

bikercat, Glad you found Stonehaven outdoor pool. It's very different isn't it? Swimming at midnight in the cold rain whilst outside in a warm, salty pool is an unusual experience.

Daiboy, thanks for the offer, but I'm off to my mum's with the dog on the 1st and coming back on the 3rd (she lives up north), then away to drive to Dover early on the 4th. Madly, we are also away this weekend as our girls are playing in the European pipe band championships at Forres in Moray. I don't know when we are going to get time to pack for a 3 week holiday in France and The Netherlands!
Anyway, congratulation to your grandaughter, and we may meet again sometime. You won't be able to mistake our van now as our girls have covered one side in space invader stickers, and the other in a large poodle and pawprints!

Alison

thewildcampers
31-08-2013, 22:00
The disabled toilet at the harbour carpark in stonehaven has a free electric shower, we used it when we were up at new year for the fireballs.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS