PDA

View Full Version : Volkswagen T5 Campervan. 2007 1.9 Tdi T30 Indian Blue

jcdevine
01-07-2013, 22:18
Hi all, first post here. We have just bought a coachbuilt so our beloved T5 camper van is up for sale - it is listed on eBay and I have copied most of the text below. here goes:

Volkswagen Transporter T5 two berth self-build camper conversion, best offer over 11,495

VW T5 07 reg T30.
1.9 TDi, Indian Blue LWB, rare semi-high top and sought after tailgate model
132,000 miles, which in T5 terms is just about run in!
First registered 24/07/07
Only one previous owner prior to me
Full service history printout and documentation
Full MOT just this week with no advisories

2 months tax
Remote Central locking with two keys

It is a pleasure to drive, starts first time and has never let us down.

We have had holidays across the UK and Europe in it, went on a 3000 mile trip to Croatia last summer and a trip to Spain at Easter. It didn't miss a beat and I find that with careful driving will return almost 40 mpg.
It is registered on the V5 document as a "Motor Caravan", which means cheaper insurance and you are not restricted to commercial vehicle speeds on A-roads and dual carriageways.
There are two windows on each side and one in the tailgate, in privacy glass. The window behind the driver's seat slides open, the other four are fixed.

RM123 Dometic 3-way fridge - runs on mains, gas and 12v - cost an arm and a leg last year but worth it for the cold beer!
19" Range Rover Sport alloys with 245x45x19 102Y Accelera tyres (all 4 tyres new in May at the cost of 380)
140 amp Split charge system using Durite self-sensing relay
110 Ah Lucas leisure battery - 18 months old, kept in tip top condition and never been run flat
12v LED lighting -nice warm tone to it, not dazzling white light.
20 amp inline multi stage charger
Mains hookup and 2 way consumer unit
Curtains to 3 sides and home-made silver screen insulation panels which can be put over the cabin and rear window -these are quite rustic but they do the job well.
Two burner hob and grill
Unique custom built high level cupboards
Saab leather seats. The passenger seat is on a swivel base and incorporates a lockable safe
JDS Metaltech Rock and Roll bed with fitted seatbelts
Water container accessible from the rear, water system fed by submersible water pump
Sink and drainer
Fiamma roof vent
Spare gas bottle stored under the bed
Awning Rail
Reversing camera and rear view mirror monitor
Sony CD/Radio with Bluetooth and USB input
Additional low level LED reversing lights

Being a semi high top you get the best of both worlds, not too high that you have to hold on for dear life in a side-wind, but high enough to provide tons of extra headroom and there is upper level storage all round.
Bad bits - I'm probably being overly critical here but I'd rather make sure every minor point is mentioned for the sake of honesty
A few stone chips here and there especially on the bonnet - to be expected with the mileage
The conversion has been done on a DIY basis and while we are really happy with what we have achieved the level of finish isn't what would be expected in a professional conversion. In particular my carpeting skills aren't anything to write home about!
Reversing camera flickers occasionally
Small ding below sliding door
The usual T5 rust patch around the sliding door handle (very small)
Radio reception isn't brilliant.

The vehicle will be at Camper Jam at Weston Park in Shropshire this coming weekend, if you would like to view please contact me and we can make arrangements.

Camper Jam - A Family Volkswagen Bus Event for All Types (http://www.camperjam.com/)

A deposit of 300 will secure the vehicle pending full payment, happy to take Paypal for the deposit or cash if you prefer. Payment of the balance by banker's draft, cheque or good old fashioned cash! Sorry but if paying by cheque or bank transfer etc please note that I will not release the vehicle until funds have cleared.

I also have a Khyam Motordome awning for sale separately, see

khyam motordome tourer awning/tent suits camper/motorhome/caravan | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200939070157?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649)

If I have missed anything then please feel free to any ask questions.

15214152151521615217152181521915220152211522215223 15224152251522615227152281522915230152311523215233

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS