PDA

View Full Version : Leyland Motor Museum

cowanhouse
07-07-2013, 19:30
Hi hoping to go there end of July any suggestions for parking up for the night.

rach82
07-07-2013, 22:28
Hi, lived in Leyland most of my life (until 16) but cant really think of any spots? if you move out of Leyland I could think of loads!!! How far do you want to travel?

x

phillybarbour
08-07-2013, 05:50
Pretty sure there is no overnight restriction in the car park outside the museum itself, failing that you could stop on Clydesdale Place on Moss Side Industrial Est, it's a cul de sac. I often stay on industrial estates if just travelling never had a problem.

dave and mary
08-07-2013, 07:49
Hi hoping to go there end of July any suggestions for parking up for the night.

Hope you have better luck than we did got there, only to find it was closed on that day lol. Mental note now always check first. :drive: :drive: :cry:

wints
08-07-2013, 09:17
It used to be free entry, then some sort of management company got their noses in it, sacked all the ex leyland motors old timers who looked after it, and they were doing it all for free and had lots of knowledge. It's now a business, and you can't use the car park that's immediatly adjacent. I've seen a few vans parked up overnight at the far end (furthest away from the entrance) of the big Tesco store in the middle of Leyland, it's a 5 minute walk to the museum from there.

regards
Allen

cowanhouse
16-07-2013, 21:59
Thanks for all the suggestions have checked it only opens Thur to Sunday. Hoping to come all the way from Crieff on the Wednesday night so will probably try the museum car park.

Thanks

cowanhouse
16-07-2013, 22:01
Just read that properly will try the far end of the Tesco car park.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS