PDA

View Full Version : Durness

123bazzar
14-07-2013, 19:36
Hi i have always waned to visit the top of Scotland and plan to go up to Durness and work my way down the west coast as far as i can in the days i have (not enough) my question is , is it worth the journey ??

Deleted user 21925
14-07-2013, 19:53
Hi i have always waned to visit the top of Scotland and plan to go up to Durness and work my way down the west coast as far as i can in the days i have (not enough) my question is , is it worth the journey ??

Yes in my opinion. Fantastic beaches around Durness. And the west coast is stunning. The Applecross peninsular is well worth a visit too.

123bazzar
14-07-2013, 20:04
Thanks Robmac what about MIDGES in mid Aug

Deleted user 21925
14-07-2013, 20:13
Thanks Robmac what about MIDGES in mid Aug

I tend to go early or late in the year, I love Scotland in the snow. Generally if there is a breeze you won't be troubled, or the higher you go in the highlands they should not be around. Take some Avon Skin So Soft just in case!

Wooie1958
14-07-2013, 20:16

Yes.

johnmac185
14-07-2013, 20:30

absolutely yes,, great part of Scotland not to miss,,was up there last month, did
not plan to stay at Durness but due to great weather and stunning beaches decided to stay
for a couple of nights, then another couple of nights, had to curtail my stops at other places but was really worth it,,,John:wave::wave:

runnach
14-07-2013, 21:02
Don't listen to any of the above, it's horrible up there and, the dreaded midge is our nuclear weapon :cheers:

Larry10
14-07-2013, 21:20
Hi
ABSOLUTLY We've just returned from 2 months of travelling up West coast & down the east. The West is fantastic (even though we live in North Devon). Go to Cape Wrath far far better than grotty John O'Groats.
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/have%20fun.gif

christine
14-07-2013, 21:24
Here's my write up on the area in Virtual Tourist.:

"Heading West To Durness" Durness by nickandchris (http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/87f23/4c9b4/)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS