PDA

View Full Version : dissapointed at Invarary.

grenlynn
14-08-2013, 18:00
on our recent holiday to scotland we were heading for Oban to catch the ferry,enroute we drove through Invarary and deceided we would like to spend a couple of hours walking around ,unfortunately it was not possible to park our 18 foot camper as it said we were a restricted vehicle. it seems that if we were not a car or a bus then we just wasn't welcome!!!! their loss as we spent more time and money in Oban.

Wooie1958
14-08-2013, 18:08
You want to try there with a 26 ft van .............. LOL

Last time there a couple of year back it was fairly quiet, but unless there is room on the road you`ve no chance.

We are not welcome on any of the Car Parks there.

torwood
14-08-2013, 18:13
Write a letter to some or all of the following and express your displeasure and emphasise their loss ask them to reply to you and tell them that you will advertise to the wider holiday community recommending they go elsewhere if our business is not wanted;

Community Council
local authority
local media
local business community
Local tourist board
Anyone else you can think of!

then tell us how you got on.

if you do nothing, nothing will change!

m30
14-08-2013, 19:25
Could you not park on the wagon park which is on the POI download?

http://tinyurl.com/y738ct3

We did when we were there without any bother at all.

Stu

Edward B
14-08-2013, 20:37
Drive through the arch on the waterfront and 50 yards on the right are 6 places signposted for 'camper vans only'. We were similarly dissapointed at first as all the obvious car parks make you feel like a leper in the van. It is clearly visible on street view but not obvious as you drive through. 56.231112,-5.073788

Wind Dancer
15-08-2013, 05:57
Inverary is only a tiny wee village.
It's very popular and it's hard enough to park a car there in the summer holidays, so it doesn't surprise me at all that there are restrictions on larger vehicles.

If I really needed to visit somewhere with tricky parking, I'd pull up somewhere appropriate and phone the local information centre and ask for there advice.

I am pleased to see that they have made provisions for camper vans though and for this they should be commended.

MATS
15-08-2013, 08:59
lorry park is fine - stayed there overnight a few times but last time we stooped, there was a traveller caravan and its contents strewn about, including their kids openly doing their business in the bushes....we moved on!

tranivanman
15-08-2013, 09:38
when we were there we parked in the car park at the far end, it said it was "free parking beyond this point" so we did, didnt have any problems, 5mins walk into town but it was full of people out for the day from Glasgow, loads of m/cycles, a bit like Blackpool, Skegness if you get my drift!!

I cycled all round here and up to Skye when I was 15 and its not the same place, but then again where is nowadays!!! Progress I think they call it!!!

tranivanman

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS