PDA

View Full Version : Parking in quiet road , near Durley & Middle Chine Bournemouth

REC
18-08-2013, 22:26
Stayed here for three nights, no problems. Further round on the road, parking is restricted to cars and motorbikes only. We parked under some trees , with Middle Chine on one side and apartments set back a fair way away from the road. Water tap at the bottom of Durley Chine, but height barrier prevented parking so water would have to be carried in small quantities. Harvester restaurant also close and variety of beach cafes which do a decent bacon roll in morning. 20 mins walk along the promenade to Bournemouth town centre , theatres and cinema etc. Rubbish bins at foot of steps down to beach.

50'42'56.95"N, 1'53'42.04"W

POI Admin
19-08-2013, 20:18
Water tap at the bottom of Durley Chine, but height barrier prevented parking so water would have to be carried in small quantities.

Could you identify exactly where this is please? Thanks ...

REC
20-08-2013, 09:26
Tap is at bottom of middle chine 50.712602, -1.892398 next to the beach huts...sorry, the two chines are so close together I got confused! You can walk down this chine and we parked on road at the top. Filled a gallon water container, but more might be a bit much as uphill on return!

POI Admin
20-08-2013, 11:10

frontslide
20-08-2013, 11:23
Link doesn't work for me?

Dezi
20-08-2013, 11:27
Not a good idea, unless you really think you can buck the odds against getting caught & fined.

Dezi

frontslide
20-08-2013, 11:30
[QUOTE=Dezi;340139]Not a good idea, unless you really think you can buck the odds against getting caught & fined.

Dezi[/QUOTE
?

REC
20-08-2013, 22:36
Not a good idea, unless you really think you can buck the odds against getting caught & fined.

Dezi

Actually, this part of the road had no parking restrictions on it at all. It was further along which said cars and motorbikes only. So no risk or bucking the odds. Thought I had said that?Obviously did not make it clear. The restrictions are on the part of the road next to the chines or overlooking the sea. We were not the only van parked there, and an obvious campervan was parked when we arrived and still there when we left. Ruth

Dezi
21-08-2013, 06:49
Actually, this part of the road had no parking restrictions on it at all. It was further along which said cars and motorbikes only. So no risk or bucking the odds. Thought I had said that?Obviously did not make it clear. The restrictions are on the part of the road next to the chines or overlooking the sea. We were not the only van parked there, and an obvious campervan was parked when we arrived and still there when we left. Ruth

Hi Ruth, This is the start of Durley chine, the sign is clear in its intent. 50.715882,-1.890488

To the best of my knowledge, apart from yesterdays revelations from Bournemouth council, it is the same for all the chine areas, & generally within spitting distance of all of the beaches.

All other parking in Bournemouth is covered by this sign. Possible you have discovered a hidden gem, but .....

Dezi
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz107/Dezyjean/Parking.jpg (http://s818.photobucket.com/user/Dezyjean/media/Parking.jpg.html)

REC
21-08-2013, 09:40
Hi Dezi
Have checked with Bournemouth Parking and they confirm that the area I parked was free of restrictions. It is West Overcliffe Drive before the turning for McKinley road. The point being that there are no marked bays and no signs. I have honed down the co-ordinates to ensure that they are correct and suggest 50.715829,-1.895024 should be used but there is definetely a large stretch of road which can be used and also a stretch on McKinley road between the main road and the chine entrance. Its obvious by the parking signs which you so kindly posted.. so have I found a gem???:dance:

frontslide
21-08-2013, 10:01
Hi Dezi
Have checked with Bournemouth Parking and they confirm that the area I parked was free of restrictions. It is West Overcliffe Drive before the turning for McKinley road. The point being that there are no marked bays and no signs. I have honed down the co-ordinates to ensure that they are correct and suggest 50.715829,-1.895024 should be used but there is definetely a large stretch of road which can be used and also a stretch on McKinley road between the main road and the chine entrance. Its obvious by the parking signs which you so kindly posted.. so have I found a gem???:dance:
What do these co-ordinates relate to Ruth as when i google them i dont get anything? ta.

Wooie1958
21-08-2013, 10:08
What do these co-ordinates relate to Ruth as when i google them i dont get anything? ta.

Didn`t for me either, try this one instead :- https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=West+Overcliff+Drive&ie=UTF-8&ei=TZEUUu_kHoWb0AXNtIHYCg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

REC
21-08-2013, 10:09

They were the co-ordinates which came up when I found the road on google map, Bit of a technophobe just copied and pasted them.....just tried myself and if you put them in google and then click on google map...you get the details!

frontslide
21-08-2013, 10:27
Thanks all :cool:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS