PDA

View Full Version : wanted a overnight stop close to whitby.

mickymoor
16-03-2008, 21:50
wanted a overnight stop close to whitby.
as close as possable please and where are the carparks that are big enough for a 21' coachbuilt in whitby ?.
regards
mickymoor

Trevor
16-03-2008, 22:03
as close as possable please and where are the carparks that are big enough for a 21' coachbuilt in whitby ?.
regards
mickymoor

Hi mickymoor,
The wife and i stopped in a pull in not very far from Whitby there are one or two pull in's i remember.
We were driving from Saltburn along the costal route.:)

Brian G
17-03-2008, 16:27
Hi mickymoor

You can park forn the day on the cliff top above the town if you get there early enough in the morning. Not far into town but a bit of a pull coming back

mickymoor
17-03-2008, 18:55
anybody else ?.

RV-RAPTOR
17-03-2008, 19:18
just pasted golf club on right we stop over night with on prods sandsend side

stakesby
08-11-2008, 10:27
hi,
i am new to this so you will have to be patient I live at whitby ,there is a perfect spoyt to park over the moor top from pickering in a car park at the top of blue bank,you will find quite a few motorhomes park there.It is about 2 miles from whitby,if you want a space for van in whitby leave blue bank early and you will get in the car park for the day at west cliff where most of the coaches park,Hope this helps.

lenny
08-11-2008, 12:23
regards
mickymoor

Hiya Micky ,have a look at my previous thread, My favourite is Grosmont and you can get a steam train into Whitby;)

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=40153&postcount=13

Also take a look at my posts on Robin Hoods Bay:cool:

mandrake
08-11-2008, 15:09
hi,
i am new to this so you will have to be patient I live at whitby ,there is a perfect spoyt to park over the moor top from pickering in a car park at the top of blue bank,you will find quite a few motorhomes park there.It is about 2 miles from whitby,if you want a space for van in whitby leave blue bank early and you will get in the car park for the day at west cliff where most of the coaches park,Hope this helps.
the car park at the top of blue bank is where we stay nice and quiet and great views early morn usualy one or two vans on there so not too lonely

messenger 2.5td
08-11-2008, 16:59
I stayed at blue bank for one night in august but found it little noisy with it being on a hill you get the cars accelerating up to the top fine after 10pm but resumes at 6am so followed Lennys advice and spent the next night in Grosmont top location thanks Lenny.;)

channa
29-04-2009, 22:18
just pasted golf club on right we stop over night with on prods sandsend side

Stunning location but when I visited there were no overnight signs.

Scarborough Filey Whitby all seem to have ''no overnight'' signage in their car parks. Indeed offering a 50 fine. That said during the winter I noticed that bit was covered by gaffer tape.

I suspect out of season there will be little problem. High season perhaps a bit different

Channa

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS