PDA

View Full Version : Nosh at IKEA

mariesnowgoose
09-10-2013, 06:41
Took a trip to our local Ikea store in Gateshead yesterday.

Don't normally bother with their restaurant, but they're currently doing a mean Chickpea Biryani for 1.25!

It was well tasty!

Just thought I'd mention it. Good place to stop off if you can't be bothered to cook and has the benefit of a lovely big car park for the campers http://images.proboards.com/v5/images/smiley/wink.png

Also, for those who don't know already (sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs), if you get one of their free IKEA Family cards you can go in anytime and have as much free tea and coffee as you want.

oldish hippy
09-10-2013, 06:46
yep nice cofee lol good place on wet day with a book and it warm plent of room setting to choose from

Bushtrekker
09-10-2013, 06:48
They also do a cheap breakfast and their meals are reasonably priced. When I was at work I used to go there to kill a couple of hours if I had an evening meeting. They do, however, have a poor sense of location finding, as 'IKEA Birmingham', is actually in Wednesbury, where I grew up, about ten miles from and very definitely not part of Birmingham. At least IKEA Bristol is in the right place. :D

oldish hippy
09-10-2013, 07:00
they also do a cheap breakfast and their meals are reasonably priced. When i was at work i used to go there to kill a couple of hours if i had an evening meeting. They do, however, have a poor sense of location finding, as 'ikea birmingham', is actually in wednesbury, where i grew up, about ten miles from and very definitely not part of birmingham. At least ikea bristol is in the right place. :d

word of warning ikea bristol

dont park in thier car park it height ltd park round the back

Ems
09-10-2013, 07:12
I work 5 minutes from Milton Keynes Ikea so meatballs for lunch if I'm lazy!

mariesnowgoose
09-10-2013, 07:14
word of warning ikea bristol

dont park in thier car park it height ltd park round the back

No height limits at the Gateshead IKEA :)
Might have something to do with the fact there's a public bus service running right through their car park and out the other side ;)

MORGANTHEMOON
09-10-2013, 07:16
I work 5 minutes from Milton Keynes Ikea so meatballs for lunch if I'm lazy!

mmmmmmmmmm nice meatballs Ems.

mariesnowgoose
09-10-2013, 07:18
mmmmmmmmmm nice meatballs Ems.

Get back in your sty, you've not washed behind your ears yet.

MORGANTHEMOON
09-10-2013, 07:18
Trust you mongoose to be thinking about food, they sell other things DOH!

mariesnowgoose
09-10-2013, 07:19
Trust you mongoose to be thinking about food, they sell other things DOH!

That's the reason I went, Moony - for the other things, not the food http://s5503.storage.proboards.com/3545503/i/yrLA_kVu8smpAqlkhbCr.gif :hammer:

maingate
09-10-2013, 07:46
That's the reason I went, Moony - for the other things, not the food http://s5503.storage.proboards.com/3545503/i/yrLA_kVu8smpAqlkhbCr.gif :hammer:

I am surprised they let you woolybacks into IKEA. :p

Or Gateshead. :lol-049:

Sharon the Cat
09-10-2013, 07:51
Personally I'm really fond of their cheap hotdogs.

If you are in a long queue to pay & have a chum with you they can fetch & carry & keep you fed with them whilst waiting. :cool:

dave and mary
09-10-2013, 07:53
While we are on about the big superstores goody's, We are now going to Waitrose as a daily thing, and get our FREE daily paper and 2 CUPS OF FREE COFFEE.

:drive: :drive:

Sharon the Cat
09-10-2013, 08:09
While we are on about the big superstores goody's, We are now going to Waitrose as a daily thing, and get our FREE daily paper and 2 CUPS OF FREE COFFEE.

Do you have to be a member/have a card? They are building a new Waitrose in the middle of Hereford. Mind you, you'll probably have to pay to park.

dave and mary
09-10-2013, 08:36
Do you have to be a member/have a card? They are building a new Waitrose in the middle of Hereford. Mind you, you'll probably have to pay to park.

Yes get a Waitrose card from in store, then you get special offers ect.

mariesnowgoose
09-10-2013, 08:39

We only have 3 Waitrose up here (being poor, downtrodden and ignored by the wealthy south - there's noffink norf of Watford Services I believe... :lol-049: :lol-053: )

Jesmond, Ponteland and Hexham. I don't think any of them are big enough to have an in-store cafe :(

outtolunch
09-10-2013, 09:07
We only have 3 Waitrose up here (being poor, downtrodden and ignored by the wealthy south - there's noffink norf of Watford Services I believe... :lol-049: :lol-053: )

Jesmond, Ponteland and Hexham. I don't think any of them are big enough to have an in-store cafe :(

there used to be one in Durham don't know why that closed also Harrogate Otley and Willerby have a Waitrose

sasquatch
09-10-2013, 09:32
We have more than enough super and hypermarkets here and Big T has stores every 2 miles or less!
Main stores here are Tescos,ASDA,Sainsburys,Morrisons,Aldi and Lidl. Wew have lost Jones the butchers,Haddocks fishmongers and Bunns the bakers!

oldish hippy
09-10-2013, 09:47
Well will have look into waitrose it might worth it as ours has a cafe mind you not spoilt for choice got bristol on doorstep which has asda direct store and tesco direct store and we have most major supermarkets hereok th co op are only small ones

edina
09-10-2013, 09:52
Well will have look into waitrose it might worth it as ours has a cafe mind you not spoilt for choice got bristol on doorstep which has asda direct store and tesco direct store and we have most major supermarkets hereok th co op are only small ones

Obviously one of the wealthy Southerners Marie was talking about!

oldish hippy
09-10-2013, 09:57
Obviously one of the wealthy Southerners Marie was talking about!

somewhere to go for COFFEE

Sharon the Cat
09-10-2013, 10:40
Wew have lost Jones the butchers,Haddocks fishmongers and Bunns the bakers!

Check down the back of the sofa

zipnolan
09-10-2013, 12:28
1 Euro breakfast at Ikea Holland

Jean Genie
09-10-2013, 12:35
1 Euro breakfast at Ikea Holland

:idea-007: That's because it's closer to Sweden, saves on transport costs. :)

Bet it was still cold though...

invalid
09-10-2013, 14:11
Our nearest Ikea is 70+mls away, but have joined anyway just in case we are passing at some time, so thanks for the heads up.

Mastodon
09-10-2013, 17:49
Used to live near the Leeds store (7 miles from Leeds) would often see truckers having breakfast for 1 instead of 8 in the services 2 miles away

Blodwyn Pig
09-10-2013, 20:05
Was just about to post that our local Ikea hasn't got an eating bit when I realised it was actually an Aldi! :confused:

Talk about being thick etc! :hammer:

Randonneur
09-10-2013, 20:08
They also do a cheap breakfast and their meals are reasonably priced. When I was at work I used to go there to kill a couple of hours if I had an evening meeting. They do, however, have a poor sense of location finding, as 'IKEA Birmingham', is actually in Wednesbury, where I grew up, about ten miles from and very definitely not part of Birmingham. At least IKEA Bristol is in the right place. :D

We live in Redditch, I thought that was the middle of Birmingham when I moved here.

Still too close for my liking!!

marydot
09-10-2013, 21:24

Don't normally bother with their restaurant, but they're currently doing a mean Chickpea Biryani for 1.25!

It was well tasty!

Just thought I'd mention it. Good place to stop off if you can't be bothered to cook and has the benefit of a lovely big car park for the campers http://images.proboards.com/v5/images/smiley/wink.png

Also, for those who don't know already (sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs), if you get one of their free IKEA Family cards you can go in anytime and have as much free tea and coffee as you want.

Coffee only free Monday to Thursday - they do a mean breakfast as well.

mariesnowgoose
10-10-2013, 03:44
Coffee only free Monday to Thursday - they do a mean breakfast as well.

I didn't realise that marydot :)

Probably cos I would never go shopping at the weekend - way too many people! :scared: :lol-053:

yorkslass
10-10-2013, 20:06

It was well tasty!

was at our local ikea yesterday and saw the chickpea curry but it was priced at around 2.50.:confused:

mariesnowgoose
10-10-2013, 22:59
was at our local ikea yesterday and saw the chickpea curry but it was priced at around 2.50.:confused:

Oops! I lost a pound somewhere - wish it was off me waist! :)

You're right, Yorkslass - it's 2.25. Doh!

Was still very nice though ;)

IKEA Gateshead | Restaurant - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/store/gateshead/restaurant)

yorkslass
11-10-2013, 19:50
thought for a minute that they were trying to pull a fast one down here. yep wish it was so easy to lose a pound, I"de even settle for half a pound at the moment.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS