PDA

View Full Version : Nice one

hextal
09-10-2013, 22:18
Got my new Trojan batteries delivered today.

So - having decided to turn 2 man-managable 25Kg batteries into an evidently unmanageable item by strapping both of them to a full size pallet, I got a phone call from the 'logistics' company saying they had arrived at the house but couldn't unload it without me there cos it was too heavy and awkward, but that they could come back another time for an additional 20 quid..

I work nearby so drove back, to discover that they had managed to unload it and left. Unfortunately, they had decided to strap both of these flooded batteries on their sides. So I was greeted with a saturated pallet sitting on the drive in a puddle of battery acid and 2 completely empty batteries - one with a large gauge out of it where the terminal from the other battery had near punctured it.

Having phoned the company and then spent 15 mins spreading bicarb over everything to neutralise the acid I now have to take more time off work for them to pick up the batteries, and then more time off work for them to deliver the new batteries.

Am I really expecting that much???

plum loco
09-10-2013, 22:35
What a downer,that's out of order that is.

mariesnowgoose
10-10-2013, 03:39
Hope you gave them hell !

Why were they delivering when you weren't in? :confused:

Wooie1958
10-10-2013, 05:26
Got my new Trojan batteries delivered today.

So - having decided to turn 2 man-managable 25Kg batteries into an evidently unmanageable item by strapping both of them to a full size pallet, I got a phone call from the 'logistics' company saying they had arrived at the house but couldn't unload it without me there cos it was too heavy and awkward, but that they could come back another time for an additional 20 quid..

I work nearby so drove back, to discover that they had managed to unload it and left. Unfortunately, they had decided to strap both of these flooded batteries on their sides. So I was greeted with a saturated pallet sitting on the drive in a puddle of battery acid and 2 completely empty batteries - one with a large gauge out of it where the terminal from the other battery had near punctured it.

Having phoned the company and then spent 15 mins spreading bicarb over everything to neutralise the acid I now have to take more time off work for them to pick up the batteries, and then more time off work for them to deliver the new batteries.

Sorry to hear about this problem and thank you for posting this.

I`d mentioned in another thread that i was torn between 2 companies and you answered saying you`d bought from the 2nd one in the links.

This has now instantly discounted this company from my choices of where to buy my Trojans from.

Ultimately i`m looking for somewhere close that i can collect them from myself to stop this sort of thing happening.

Seannachie
10-10-2013, 07:04

Nowadays, probably YES!

DHL were once supposed to deliver a pile of very expensive books for me which had to be signed for on delivery. As these never arrived I contacted DHL to ask what had happened. DHL said that their driver had delivered the books and received a signature - they subsequently admitted that their driver had delivered the parcel to a completely different house in my street (but the driver couldn't remember which house) and someone whose name I did not know had apparently signed for them. DHL said it was up to me to sort it out. I did. I went to the local Court and issued a writ under the small claims procedure for the cost of the books and carriage (plus the costs of the application) and had it served on DHL and got all my claim settled by return of post - yes, the cheque came by Royal Mail!

Pity you didn't name the carriage company, or who you purchased your batteries from (so I could give them a miss) in future.

Hope you get things sorted out to your satisfaction, and quickly.

hextal
10-10-2013, 07:13
Sorry to hear about this problem and thank you for posting this.

I`d mentioned in another thread that i was torn between 2 companies and you answered saying you`d bought from the 2nd one in the links.

This has now instantly discounted this company from my choices of where to buy my Trojans from.

Ultimately i`m looking for somewhere close that i can collect them from myself to stop this sort of thing happening.

The shop I bought them from were very good to be fair and sorted everything out very quickly, there is only so much they can do once they hand the goods over to the delivery company. Its the delivery guys that are the numpties.

hextal
10-10-2013, 07:17
Nowadays, probably YES!

DHL were once supposed to deliver a pile of very expensive books for me which had to be signed for on delivery. As these never arrived I contacted DHL to ask what had happened. DHL said that their driver had delivered the books and received a signature - they subsequently admitted that their driver had delivered the parcel to a completely different house in my street (but the driver couldn't remember which house) and someone whose name I did not know had apparently signed for them. DHL said it was up to me to sort it out. I did. I went to the local Court and issued a writ for the cost of the books and carriage (plus the costs of the application) and had it served on DHL and got all my claim settled by return of post - yes, the cheque came by Royal Mail!

Pity you didn't name the carriage company, or who you purchased your batteries from (so I could give them a miss) in future.

Hope you get things sorted out to your satisfaction, and quickly.

THing I find annoying is that some companies still give you a slot of 8-8. I ask "does the driver just get in the van and drive about at complete random then", to which they always say "of course not", so I say "then you can tell me approximatly where I am on the list and work from there".

Edit: Oh even better - the delivery company delivering my worktop have said its due today, that don't know when, and i'll need to be there to help unload it as it's gone with a 1 man crew but its a 2 man item, and that if he can't unload it it's my fault!!

Really!! How's that work then??

hextal
10-10-2013, 15:17
OK

So having had a bit of a rant here last night.

My new (new) batteries turned up at lunchtime today and the knackered ones removed (after both myself and the driver stripping the new ones out of the packaging and gave them a full check).

So in the spirit of fairness - as daft a series of issues as they were yesterday - I have to say that to get everything turned around in just over 21hrs is pretty impressive (particularly by the battery supplier).

So - I 'partially' retract my rant.;)

Tbear
10-10-2013, 17:12
Makes you want to be a fly on the wall when the first driver has to explain himself to his boss. :)

Richard

Smaug
10-10-2013, 17:32
Makes you want to be a fly on the wall when the first driver has to explain himself to his boss. :)

Richard

Well, not really, my guess is that he is pretty P'd off with the job already due to increased drop-off numbers & longer rounds with no overtime - "you should be able to complete 50 deliveries & 200 miles in your normal working day, bad addresses & traffic are not our problem, they are yours" etc etc So what would you do? Yes, same as me, you'd probably tell him to stuff his job where the sun don't shine & go work for someone else.

maingate
10-10-2013, 17:38
I have just ordered a Shower enclosure from Victoria Plumb (an online company). They have given me a delivery date (Oct 21st) with a time of 7am - 7pm. They will email me the night before to cut the time down to a 3 hour spread for delivery. There will be 2 men delivering, they will take it to the room of my choice and unwrap it so they can take the packaging away for recycling.

Not bad eh? :D

Smaug
10-10-2013, 17:43
I have just ordered a Shower enclosure from Victoria Plumb (an online company). They have given me a delivery date (Oct 21st) with a time of 7am - 7pm. They will email me the night before to cut the time down to a 3 hour spread for delivery. There will be 2 men delivering, they will take it to the room of my choice and unwrap it so they can take the packaging away for recycling.

Not bad eh? :D

Make sure you offer 'em a cuppa & biccy to encourage them!

Wooie1958
10-10-2013, 17:48
THing I find annoying is that some companies still give you a slot of 8-8. I ask "does the driver just get in the van and drive about at complete random then", to which they always say "of course not", so I say "then you can tell me approximatly where I am on the list and work from there".

Edit: Oh even better - the delivery company delivering my worktop have said its due today, that don't know when, and i'll need to be there to help unload it as it's gone with a 1 man crew but its a 2 man item, and that if he can't unload it it's my fault!!

Really!! How's that work then??

I worked " Multi-Drop Parcels " for 15 years around the Manchester, Bury, Radcliffe, Bolton and Horwich areas and the 8-8 time slot is bollocks.

I had up to 60 drops and 25 collections to do every day and you have a route. It has to be the same route every day otherwise you`d never get done.

You and the company knows where you`ll be approximately at 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, etc. etc. give or take a little and then it`s collections all afternoon.

I`ve rang delivery companies up when i`ve been expecting a delivery just to find out if it`s AM or PM because i have an errand to do.

The simple fact is they couldn`t give a stuff, it gets there when and if it gets there and that`s that.

I`m a little surprised it was the delivery company that strapped the batteries to the pallet and not the company that dispatched them.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS