PDA

View Full Version : Bogof screen wash double concentrate 5/99

oldish hippy
10-10-2013, 07:22
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&action=discount&promotionCode=235062

HALFORDS The Halfords Double Concentrate Original Screen Wash is an award winning screen wash, perfect for keeping your windscreen clean. BOGOF OFFER BUY ONE GETONE FREE

Covey
10-10-2013, 13:56
I find that a squirt of Fairy Liquid is very efficacious!!!

Deleted user 21925
10-10-2013, 14:02
I find that a squirt of Fairy Liquid is very efficacious!!!

But apparently can damage your wipers and windscreen seals!

Deleted user 21925
10-10-2013, 14:40
Point taken.

Salts probably not good for windscreen trim either on some vans.

maingate
10-10-2013, 15:26
On my last 2 cars I found that the original wipers lasted no time at all. At first I replaced with like for like which were just as bad (and bleeding expensive).

The best wipers I ever had came in a box as long strips of rubber and metal stiffener. You cut them to size to suit your wiper frame length. They lasted a good 4 times longer than any readymade ones I bought. I should check to see if they are still available and use them on the van.

Covey
10-10-2013, 16:13
Well, I know I am getting on in years but I have not bought any Windscreen Washer Fluid (concentrated or otherwise) in the last 20 years and have happily used the same stuff as Senior Management used for dishes etc.

My windscreen remained resolutely attached to the car with no sign of "damage" and I seemed to avoid having to peer through clouds of suds. When you think of the salt on the roads, the pollution from millions of exhausts and engines, I worry little about the effect of Fairy Liquid on my windscreen other than keeping it clean.. In 30 years I have never had a frozen water bottle as the soap appears to lower the freezing point of what is in the water bottle.

I cannot imagine the washing up liquid soap is a threat to the environment cos every household in the country sends it down the drains!!!!:danger:

Makzine
10-10-2013, 16:36
We shall be stocking up on Aldi's finest when in Germany next week as that stays liquid down to -60

Deleted user 21925
10-10-2013, 16:40
.......................My windscreen remained resolutely attached to the car with no sign of "damage"......................

I did say "apparently" and I am only going on what I have been told, and of course I Googled it before I posted. Many conflicting opinions.

I'll carry on with the stuff made for the job. It's cheap enough!

Covey
10-10-2013, 17:06
This Forum would be dead boring if it were not for conflicting opinions!!!!!:mad1:

Deleted user 21925
10-10-2013, 17:07
This Forum would be dead boring if it were not for conflicting opinions!!!!!:mad1:

No it wouldn't!:raofl:

Makzine
10-10-2013, 17:29
Must be a cocktail then because of it's blue colour :rolleyes2:

Tbear
10-10-2013, 17:39
No it wouldn't!:raofl:

Oh yes it would!!!

I'm fairly sure that soap does drop the freezing point of water but I have no idea of what concentration you need so will stick to the cheap and cheerful stuff from the local motor factors.

Richard

Alf
10-10-2013, 18:10
I will wait for the 5ltr ones on buy 2 get 1 free, I use this in our toilet flush so we can use all year round without freezing. The yearly offer comes around about this time of year

Alf

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&action=discount&promotionCode=235062

HALFORDS The Halfords Double Concentrate Original Screen Wash is an award winning screen wash, perfect for keeping your windscreen clean. BOGOF OFFER BUY ONE GETONE FREE

Alf
10-10-2013, 20:16
Its the first time I have noted the 2.5 ltr sizes, the last 2 years I have bought 5ltr concentrate at BtGOF prices the offer usually comes mid to late October the 15ltr at varied mix depending on the weather lasts until spring for both windscreen and toilet water its a reasonable smell in the loo,
I was tempted to try the 2.5ltr just in case the other was not on offer but B & Q usually have the same offer at this time of year.

Alf

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS