PDA

View Full Version : Need Wales advise.....

isle of skye
10-10-2013, 10:50
Going to Alton Towers next weekend with daughter for scarefest !!!!!! she leaving us on the tue and we were going to go on up to Scotland for rest of week. However one NEW BOILER later things abit tight finance wise so thought about cutting across to top end of Wales but hubby a munro bagger so I know he will want to do some walking and although we happy to pay some nights on cheap sites it would be good to have some wild camping spots and some nice places to go and any good cheap sites, so I await your replies to plan my holiday thanks:wacko:

MORGANTHEMOON
10-10-2013, 10:53
Going to Alton Towers next weekend with daughter for scarefest !!!!!! she leaving us on the tue and we were going to go on up to Scotland for rest of week. However one NEW BOILER later things abit tight finance wise so thought about cutting across to top end of Wales but hubby a munro bagger so I know he will want to do some walking and although we happy to pay some nights on cheap sites it would be good to have some wild camping spots and some nice places to go and any good cheap sites, so I await your replies to plan my holiday thanks:wacko:

Hi,
We have a Wales group under community at the top of the page.

Powys is a good place for wildcamping and stunning scenery.

dave and mary
10-10-2013, 11:21
We spent a few days in Anglesey earlier in the year and found some lovely places to wild camp, water and wc emptying was ok as we found some very good toilet blocks. Lovely to wake up by the sea, well worth a visit.1764617647

:drive: :drive:

tranivanman
10-10-2013, 11:50
Come and visit us in Snowdonia
plenty of hills for hubby
plenty of "wild places" and not to far from Llandudno,Bangor or Caernarfon for shopping.

tranivanman

Smaug
10-10-2013, 12:28
Cader Idris is a nice walk & Arran Ben Llyn/ Arran Ffawddy (near Bala) are good too. Everyone & his dog does Snowdon so it tends to be very busy. Plenty of wild spots around, especially in the less well travelled places. One in particular is on a small back lane behind Tal-y-Llyn, others along the Sarn Helen road SW of Caernarfon. Penmon Point on Anglesey is lovely & there is a coast walk right around the Island (altho that may change soon as part of it is due to be closed).

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS