PDA

View Full Version : Bargain pitch prices.

MORGANTHEMOON
10-10-2013, 14:40
These prices seem to good to be true.

I've looked for the catch but it seems genuine.

Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK - Search and Book with Park Resorts (http://www.park-resorts.com/holidays/?booking_group_id=2&order=x_sell_price+asc&hcdc=hometouring&tid=hometouring&x_stat=hometouring)

Deleted user 21925
10-10-2013, 14:43
Wow! I can't see a catch either.

MORGANTHEMOON
10-10-2013, 14:45
If any full timers want recharge, shower, wash clothes at 3 a night sounds wonderful.

Kryten
10-10-2013, 14:52
I had a few days on an Haven site in Filey about 3 years ago. The cost included EHU and entertainment passes and there leisure complexes are ideal cheap out of season stopovers. A chance to clean the van, top up the batteries and have a few beers without having to worry about driving.

MORGANTHEMOON
10-10-2013, 14:54
I had a few days on an Haven site in Filey about 3 years ago. The cost included EHU and entertainment passes and there leisure complexes are ideal cheap out of season stopovers. A chance to clean the van, top up the batteries and have a few beers without having to worry about driving.

Yes Haven have offers at the moment which are pretty good but not a patch on these prices.

I've also used the Haven sites when on offer great value.

Touringtheworld
10-10-2013, 15:52
Not a catch but pints in the 4 price zone.

Not a problem if you don't drink alcohol but 16oz of Pepsi/Coke is 3.50. (20oz = a pint)

You could always do the Aldi/Lidl beer shop and sit in your van :-)

MORGANTHEMOON
10-10-2013, 15:54
Not a catch but pints in the 4 price zone.

Not a problem if you don't drink alcohol but 16oz of Pepsi/Coke is 3.50. (20oz = a pint)

You could always do the Aldi/Lidl beer shop and sit in your van :-)

Yes that's where they make their money but it's your choice and as you say take your own.

maingate
10-10-2013, 16:35
They normally limit the number of dogs to 2 for visitors, we have 5.

I rang them up anyway to check and they are supposed to phone me back with an answer. It would be handy if we can use the Sandy Bay site while we have the Builders in.

Smaug
10-10-2013, 17:41
The catch? Perhaps not exactly "a catch", but not all pitches include EHU (it does tell you tho) and you are spending a week camping in a "Butlins" style park. Fine if you want that, but not exactly "wild" in the sense of "in nature" but rather nearer to "Wild" in the sense of Friday Night in Newcastle.

MORGANTHEMOON
10-10-2013, 17:43
The catch? Perhaps not exactly "a catch", but not all pitches include EHU (it does tell you tho) and you are spending a week camping in a "Butlins" style park. Fine if you want that, but not exactly "wild" in the sense of "in nature" but rather nearer to "Wild" in the sense of Friday Night in Newcastle.

But cheaper than most car parks and the ones with EHU are better value, think of all the gas you could save.

Touringtheworld
10-10-2013, 18:01
Pitches 6 metres by 6 metres - that's 1.5 metres of our van stuck out somewhere. Decisions decisions, Arse or nose in the wind :-)

Andy75
11-10-2013, 10:22
No dates over the Christmas break :( Bum, Will have to keep looking!

John H
11-10-2013, 11:03
You can get some good deals at this time of year (if you avoid the Caravan Club!). We are currently in Cornwall on a campsite in Saltash (58 pw inc electricity, heated shower room etc) and will be moving on to another in the Mevagissey area which is similarly priced and with similar facilities. On top of that, they are very quiet sites with not a hint of Butlins about them!

carol
11-10-2013, 11:14
Anyone fancy a mid week meet on one of them? :dog:

Smaug
11-10-2013, 11:49
Anyone fancy a mid week meet on one of them? :dog:

Now that's a clever idea if they have enough pitches.

spigot
11-10-2013, 12:03
Great Value..................If you like campsites!

John H
11-10-2013, 12:19

Apart from the cost, another advantage of being on a site at this time of year is that there are very few others around, so it doesn't feel like a regimented site. Mind you, I wouldn't come within a million miles of these places in July and August!

mikejay
11-10-2013, 12:57
Looked at this for october half term but the prices rocket back up again.

Mike

MORGANTHEMOON
11-10-2013, 12:59
Robmac wants to know do they sell Doombar Carol.

GinaRon
11-10-2013, 13:09
You can get some good deals at this time of year (if you avoid the Caravan Club!). We are currently in Cornwall on a campsite in Saltash (58 pw inc electricity, heated shower room etc) and will be moving on to another in the Mevagissey area which is similarly priced and with similar facilities. On top of that, they are very quiet sites with not a hint of Butlins about them!

Hi can you give more details? about these sites - I am trying to get Ron to do a week somewhere and we love Cornwall. :wave:

Wooie1958
11-10-2013, 13:13
Looked at this for october half term but the prices rocket back up again.

Mike

Half Term = Sky High prices = Lots Of Little Poppets = Lots Of Noise = Does Your Head In = need i go on ................ LOL

mikejay
11-10-2013, 13:17
Lol very true.

John H
11-10-2013, 13:25
Hi can you give more details? about these sites - I am trying to get Ron to do a week somewhere and we love Cornwall. :wave:

Certainly:

1. Dolbeare Park Caravan Site, Landrake, near Saltash

2. Tregarton Park Caravan Site, near Mevagissey

A couple of others that might be of interest to you are:

Lower Polladras Caravan Site, near Helston (70 per week deal); and
Stowford Farm Meadows, near Ilfracombe, North Devon (deals between 55 and 75 per week)

All of them have websites, so just google them and away you go!

PS I note that some people are complaining about price hikes at half-term. I have just checked and all of these sites do the same deals during half-term week, so if you are anywhere near Cornwall.......

El Veterano
11-10-2013, 18:11

And that's the problem - I don't like campsites. Even if I am forced to stay on one, I never use their showers etc, prefer to use my own. :raofl:

barryd
11-10-2013, 20:53
ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!! Whats wrong with you all? Go and sit on the naughty step right now!!! Campsites!!

Spend a week on one of those and its a slippery slope from which you may not return. The Mrs will decide she likes it, Net curtains and twee little lamps will go up in the van as will Christmas lights to rival Blackpool anytime after October, there will eventually be talk about trading your pride and joy for a Tugger!

Good job I saw this thread in time and saved you all from such madness.

Dont all thank me at once!

marydot
12-10-2013, 12:38
Well, I've just given in to temptation and booked 4 nights from 21st October, at Sandy Bay in Northumberland. Pitch for 4 nights, with electric is costing a total of 14!!! At that price, we can say, sod it, don't like this, and move on if necessary. Won't be drinking in their overpriced bar, though!

Marydot

Wooie1958
12-10-2013, 13:21
Well, I've just given in to temptation and booked 4 nights from 21st October, at Sandy Bay in Northumberland. Pitch for 4 nights, with electric is costing a total of 14!!! At that price, we can say, sod it, don't like this, and move on if necessary. Won't be drinking in their overpriced bar, though!

Marydot

Mary, do you fit on a 6 metre pitch ?

Smaug
12-10-2013, 13:25
Mary, do you fit on a 6 metre pitch ?

looking at the avatar, that's pretty well a standard MH, I can't see them arguing over a 1/2m or so at either end. It ain't as tho they are packing 'em in like a ferry or a car park.

marydot
12-10-2013, 14:07
7m + bike rack - bit cheeky I suppose, but I'm sure we'll find somewhere that we can 'hang over' a bit!

Marydot

Smaug
12-10-2013, 14:28
7m + bike rack - bit cheeky I suppose, but I'm sure we'll find somewhere that we can 'hang over' a bit!

Marydot

Just point out that you don't have a car with you like most caravan's do.

The only place I use a site is Glan Llyn at Bala for the Annual Family Gathering & they don't charge us for taking the car (needed to tow the dinghy).

Wooie1958
12-10-2013, 14:46
Just point out that you don't have a car with you like most caravan's do.

The only place I use a site is Glan Llyn at Bala for the Annual Family Gathering & they don't charge us for taking the car (needed to tow the dinghy).

Did you get the Towbar ?

Wooie1958
12-10-2013, 14:55

Marydot

Let us know how you go on.

I`m just under 8m including the Towbar so approx the same. Out of season they are very good prices and we`d be tempted as well.

Smaug
12-10-2013, 15:24
Did you get the Towbar ?

Not yet, too many other bills & family commitments - oh & we went to N Ireland as well. It's only been 2 years in the pipeline so far.

Sherlock11
12-10-2013, 15:50
These prices seem to good to be true.

I've looked for the catch but it seems genuine.

Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK - Search and Book with Park Resorts (http://www.park-resorts.com/holidays/?booking_group_id=2&order=x_sell_price+asc&hcdc=hometouring&tid=hometouring&x_stat=hometouring)

No catch. We have booked a week in May 2014 in Wales for 66.

marydot
23-10-2013, 16:09
Well, we booked for 4 nights and came home after 2 - just not our cup of tea. Receptionist gave us a map, and told us to pitch anywhere we liked, size wasn't an issue. The roads looked as though the German bombers had left recently, and every pothole was full of water, the ground was really wet. We tried a few pitches before we found one where we could manage without ramps, as we didn't want to start pitching on muddy ground on ramps. We then trailed around trying to find the water tap, the Elsan point etc as there were no signs for them anywhere.
There were quite a few vans there but most of them were occupied by contractors living on site and coming home in their pick up trucks full of cement mixers etc., and others contained quite large families who looked as though they had been there for months, complete with kennels full of dogs, who kept setting each other off barking.
The ladies shower block looked ok, although I didn't use it, OH said the men's facilities were 'bl@@dy disgusting!'

Didn't bother with the entertainment or swimming pool. Launderette cost 7 to wash and dry a load.

I think the tourer 'field' is just a bit of land in the corner of the site not really suitable for the statics, of which there were hundreds, and they were not really geared up for tourers.

You live and learn, and we won't go back.

Marydot

spigot
24-10-2013, 09:34
well, we booked for 4 nights and came home after 2 - just not our cup of tea. Receptionist gave us a map, and told us to pitch anywhere we liked, size wasn't an issue. The roads looked as though the german bombers had left recently, and every pothole was full of water, the ground was really wet. We tried a few pitches before we found one where we could manage without ramps, as we didn't want to start pitching on muddy ground on ramps. We then trailed around trying to find the water tap, the elsan point etc as there were no signs for them anywhere.
There were quite a few vans there but most of them were occupied by contractors living on site and coming home in their pick up trucks full of cement mixers etc., and others contained quite large families who looked as though they had been there for months, complete with kennels full of dogs, who kept setting each other off barking.
The ladies shower block looked ok, although i didn't use it, oh said the men's facilities were 'bl@@dy disgusting!'

didn't bother with the entertainment or swimming pool. Launderette cost 7 to wash and dry a load.

I think the tourer 'field' is just a bit of land in the corner of the site not really suitable for the statics, of which there were hundreds, and they were not really geared up for tourers.

Marydot

I rest my case!

PinkFlowerPetal
24-10-2013, 09:37
Well, we booked for 4 nights and came home after 2 - just not our cup of tea. Receptionist gave us a map, and told us to pitch anywhere we liked, size wasn't an issue. The roads looked as though the German bombers had left recently, and every pothole was full of water, the ground was really wet. We tried a few pitches before we found one where we could manage without ramps, as we didn't want to start pitching on muddy ground on ramps. We then trailed around trying to find the water tap, the Elsan point etc as there were no signs for them anywhere.
The ladies shower block looked ok, although I didn't use it, OH said the men's facilities were 'bl@@dy disgusting!'

Didn't bother with the entertainment or swimming pool. Launderette cost 7 to wash and dry a load.

Marydot

Which site did you visit please? I am sure they are not all as bad as this one!

marydot
24-10-2013, 10:35
This was Sandy Bay, in Northumberland, Newbiggin by the Sea. Obviously can't vouch for any others, but considering any poor bu@@ers who go next week will pay over 100 for 3 nights, I don't know what they are spending the money on, cos it's not the facilities.

Smaug
24-10-2013, 10:38
My son & family went to a static at Pendine for a long weekend for 15 quid (newspaper vouchers) and had a great time.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS