PDA

View Full Version : Lytham St Annes Flyde BC

Neckender
10-10-2013, 23:57
Last week end I was parked up at St Annes and on the Sat night 2 boy racers caused a slight problem for about 2 minuts, this was put on another forum which I answered to and also Fylde BC have also answered to. I personally think that it is very positive what they are doing for us motorhomers and it's a pitty other councils don't follow suit.Here is what was said.

nasher

Posted: 7 October 2013 6:56 PM
Subject: motorhome parking st annes lancs

New User

Profile PM
MAIL
Hi There, stayed on this motorhome parking place on Saturday 6pm to 9am got the ticket and put it on
the windscreen.
We watched telly for a while then went to bed, don't know what time it was but was woken up to the sound of a vehicles turbo cutting in and out, then a horn sounded and I thought local yobs trying to wind us up, we went back to sleep.
Next morning left the site at 9pm and parked on the main road near the mini golf course, there was a classic car rally near the baths which we enjoyed, then on returning to the van we saw that someone had
thrown something at the rear roof which left a large ding in the panel, estimated cost of repair is 400.
We wondered if anyone else has had any problems at this particular site, when parking we did notice
that 3 coachbuilts were parked at the back of the parking area which seemed strange because you are supposed to park in the centre bays only.
Quote Reply

user artheytrate

Posted: 7 October 2013 9:34 PM
Subject: RE: motorhome parking st annes lancs

New User

Profile PM

nasher - 2013-10-07 6:56 PM

Hi There, stayed on this motorhome parking place on Saturday 6pm to 9am got the ticket and put it on
the windscreen.
We watched telly for a while then went to bed, don't know what time it was but was woken up to the sound of a vehicles turbo cutting in and out, then a horn sounded and I thought local yobs trying to wind us up, we went back to sleep.
Next morning left the site at 9pm and parked on the main road near the mini golf course, there was a classic car rally near the baths which we enjoyed, then on returning to the van we saw that someone had
thrown something at the rear roof which left a large ding in the panel, estimated cost of repair is 400.
We wondered if anyone else has had any problems at this particular site, when parking we did notice
that 3 coachbuilts were parked at the back of the parking area which seemed strange because you are supposed to park in the centre bays only.

Hi nasher, we also parked here sat and sun night, we were one of the coachbuilts that you mentioned, another camper told us that the large bays that we were parked in were 7 new bays that the council had recently put in for motorhomes.
On Sat night me and my wife came back from the pub and as we got into our motorhome 2 boy racers parked by a self build motorhome started to pap their horns and then they drove off it was over in a couple of minuets, Sun night we were all alone on the car park and there was no trouble whatsoever had a great week end.

John.

Quote Reply Edit

user trickydicky

Posted: 9 October 2013 8:08 PM

Contributor

Profile PM
MAIL
I really want to try this "aire" at st.annes but my husband doesn't think it is secure enough and HATES boy racers.he's not willing to chance it. Such a shame as it is perfectly located.
Quote Reply

user Rayjsj

Posted: 9 October 2013 8:39 PM

Stalwart

Profile PM
Sounds like the 'Boy racers' don't like Motorhomes parking in 'their' race track, and are prepared to do a bit of vandalism to get us to 'Stay away'.
We could of course stick something sharp through the sidewalls of all their 'super low profile tyres'.
would come to about 400 methinks. what me ! no ossifer !
Quote Reply

user Andrew Loynd

Posted: 10 October 2013 12:45 PM

New User

Profile PM

Dear Nasher,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced on the rear section of St Annes Swimming Pool car park over the weekend. This was brought to my attention by one of the members of this site. I have sent the information you have supplied here to our Community Safety officer who in turn has contacted the local Police. The Police have advised that they will brief their night patrols to conduct regular checks of this area.

If you experience any issues in future please can you advise us by emailing the details to listening@fylde.gov.uk. The more information we receive the greater our case will be.

With regard parking on this site, as has been mentioned, there are 7 new oversized vehicle bays which are 8m long (not just for use by motorhomes but are suitable for them). The signage on the car park will be altered soon to reflect this.

Regards

Andrew Loynd
Principal Parking and Energy Officer
Fylde Borough Council
Quote Reply

user Matrix Meanderer

Posted: 10 October 2013 9:19 PM

Visitor

Profile PM

Andrew Loynd - 2013-10-10 12:45 PM

Dear Nasher,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced on the rear section of St Annes Swimming Pool car park over the weekend. This was brought to my attention by one of the members of this site. I have sent the information you have supplied here to our Community Safety officer who in turn has contacted the local Police. The Police have advised that they will brief their night patrols to conduct regular checks of this area.

If you experience any issues in future please can you advise us by emailing the details to listening@fylde.gov.uk. The more information we receive the greater our case will be.

With regard parking on this site, as has been mentioned, there are 7 new oversized vehicle bays which are 8m long (not just for use by motorhomes but are suitable for them). The signage on the car park will be altered soon to reflect this.

Regards

Andrew Loynd
Principal Parking and Energy Officer
Fylde Borough Council

Well congratulations to Fylde BC - a clear response on this forum from a clearly supportive council officer.
So all you nay sayers - this is proof that local government does work when officers and councillors want such a scheme to be successful.

As someone who spent their career in local government with responsibility for sports and cultural facilities I now try very hard to convince more councils to recognise the success at Lytham and copy it locally. It doesn't take massive budgets - just the desire to make it happen and maintain the servie long term. Maybe we will get more converts and fewer height barriers.

Well done Fylde BC
-----
Ian
John.

maingate
11-10-2013, 07:48
I noticed your post over there with the 'Posh' people. :p

Will you still speak to us Plebs? :lol-061:

Fazerloz
11-10-2013, 08:05
I was there on wednesday night everything nice and quiet.

Neckender
11-10-2013, 10:32
I noticed your post over there with the 'Posh' people. :p

Will you still speak to us Plebs? :lol-061:

Hi Jim I'll talk to anyone who is willing to listen, down to earth Pleb myself.

John.

Smaug
11-10-2013, 12:00
The "ding" in ya roof, have you tried a cheap sucker gismo on it?

I picked one up for a couple of quid in a market, you moisten the sucker & clean the panel, push it on & close the handles to create suction. A short tug will then often get most, if not all of the average panel dent out. Clearly if the panel is creased or stretched it won't work, but I have had great success with dented panels, even curved ones can pop back into the correct shape.

Even if there is other damage, pulling out the majority of a dent is an essential start to a proper repair & garages will then use spot welds or self-tappers to focus the pull of slide hammers for the same result on creased panels where access to the back of the panel is difficult..

mikejay
11-10-2013, 12:39
We where one of the 3 vans at the far end with John .We have been there now about 20 times and had no problems we had not long got in from the Toby Carvery and had just started nodding off when i heard the boy racers but they did not stay for long. John told me the next morning about them being next to the selfbuild i think it was a lwb lt35. Been there on our own a few times was empty Friday night and it was ok. Its great news that the council have listened to feedback and made the extra long and wide bays. Speaking to one of the staff in the Carvery they said its a good idea and brings in quite a few people for meals and drinks as they get quite a few motorhomers in now.

Mike

Marcs
12-10-2013, 01:27
Stayed there myself with my young son a few times, shame to hear of your troubles, pity you didn't get a registration to report it.

Glad of the bigger bays too, my LWB won't fit in a single bay!

maingate
12-10-2013, 08:24
The "ding" in ya roof, have you tried a cheap sucker gismo on it?

I picked one up for a couple of quid in a market, you moisten the sucker & clean the panel, push it on & close the handles to create suction. A short tug will then often get most, if not all of the average panel dent out. Clearly if the panel is creased or stretched it won't work, but I have had great success with dented panels, even curved ones can pop back into the correct shape.

Even if there is other damage, pulling out the majority of a dent is an essential start to a proper repair & garages will then use spot welds or self-tappers to focus the pull of slide hammers for the same result on creased panels where access to the back of the panel is difficult..

Just to make one thing clear. The suction pad idea is fine for a van conversion but not a coachbuilt body.

Smaug
12-10-2013, 11:26
Just to make one thing clear. The suction pad idea is fine for a van conversion but not a coachbuilt body.

Like to explain that please?

I understand that alloy is much thinner, but it should still pull out unless stretched, or are you implying that panels these days are laminated alloy/foam/ply? I'm pretty sure that my 2004 van is still an ash frame with alloy outside, ply inside & foam in between the frames, so I would expect that the sucker could work OK. Even with a GRP outer skin, I would expect it would generally be flexible enough for a dent to pull out.

maingate
12-10-2013, 12:07
My panels are bonded. There is an internal decorative skin bonded to the panel and an Aluminium skin bonded to the outer face. If you use a suction pad on the Ally skin, you can delaminate it.

I have a triple suction glass lifter which I used to support my TV aerial mast at one time. I had to be very careful how I fitted and removed it.

mikejay
13-10-2013, 13:55
Well i would say make the most of it before the council come round and burn the new marked out bays away and put an end to it. Was there this weekend and there was quite a few vans there traffic warden was round yesterday and said the council were being very accommodating putting the big bays in. Came back to the van about midnight and the life boat was up on the top being washed. And just behind it on the path next to the lake was the same little van that was up on the sea wall last Saturday night (Strictly no parking on the wall) very distinctive kids cartoon van. life boat crew did not look impressed maybe why they kept honking the horn on the big blue tractor. Then this morning a few of the vans in the new bays where just draining all there grey water out and the whole 7 bays had a flood from one end to the other and a big pool of bubbly water under the vans. I don't want to sound like a moaner and i know its only a bit of bubbles but theirs a time and place to drain down and i don't think its on a pilot scheme car park councils are monitoring. If this car park works other councils may follow and open more up for us.

Wooie1958
13-10-2013, 16:02
Well i would say make the most of it before the council come round and burn the new marked out bays away and put an end to it. Was there this weekend and there was quite a few vans there traffic warden was round yesterday and said the council were being very accommodating putting the big bays in. Came back to the van about midnight and the life boat was up on the top being washed. And just behind it on the path next to the lake was the same little van that was up on the sea wall last Saturday night (Strictly no parking on the wall) very distinctive kids cartoon van. life boat crew did not look impressed maybe why they kept honking the horn on the big blue tractor. Then this morning a few of the vans in the new bays where just draining all there grey water out and the whole 7 bays had a flood from one end to the other and a big pool of bubbly water under the vans. I don't want to sound like a moaner and i know its only a bit of bubbles but theirs a time and place to drain down and i don't think its on a pilot scheme car park councils are monitoring. If this car park works other councils may follow and open more up for us.

Didn`t take long then, same bloody thing every time, these *ankers come along and ruin it for everyone else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it about these Morons, is it that they get a kick out of doing this or is it that they just don`t give a stuff ?

windysurfer
13-10-2013, 16:07
"Next morning left the site at 9pm and parked on the main road near the mini golf course, there was a classic car rally near the baths which we enjoyed, then on returning to the van we saw that someone had
thrown something at the rear roof which left a large ding in the panel, estimated cost of repair is 400. "

Was it damaged by the boyracers or when it was parked on the main road?

We've seen a couple of vans emptying their grey water when parked up here and gone over and pointed out the error of there ways!

Wooie1958
13-10-2013, 16:13
We've seen a couple of vans emptying their grey water when parked up here and gone over and pointed out the error of there ways!

What kind of response did you get when you went over to them ?

I did that once somewhere and all i got was " What the f-ing hell has it got to do with you " .

I politely said that it wasn`t really a good idea and would not go down well with any locals, they just laughed and carried on.

Neckender
13-10-2013, 21:20
Was it damaged by the boyracers or when it was parked on the main road?

The boy racers deffinatly DID NOT do any damage as I witnessed the evenings events.

John.

Smaug
13-10-2013, 22:21

I trust you tried having a quiet word with them? Most of it is ignorance, laziness & lack of thought I suspect.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS