PDA

View Full Version : English Tour- General wild camping and POI on the move advice.

Colshandy
12-10-2013, 07:44
Hi folks,

Me and the kids are heading back down south, from Aberdeen, probably via family in NE England (in a bed!), then down to Legoland (staying at my Aunties - another proper bed!).

Wonder if I could get some advice. Whats the deal with wild camping south of the border. So far I ve only done it in Scotland. Where you can mostly rock up anywhere semi discrete and stay the night. Is it that easy in England ?

I joined this site, down loaded the POI and think I had it working, can anyone advise how I can use that on the move, i.e. without wireless.

Also any recommendations of great places to stay around Reading/Legoland welcome, although I imagine space is at a premium compared to the highlands :-)

Cheers

dave and mary
12-10-2013, 08:36
Hi folks,

Me and the kids are heading back down south, from Aberdeen, probably via family in NE England (in a bed!), then down to Legoland (staying at my Aunties - another proper bed!).

Wonder if I could get some advice. Whats the deal with wild camping south of the border. So far I ve only done it in Scotland. Where you can mostly rock up anywhere semi discrete and stay the night. Is it that easy in England ?

I joined this site, down loaded the POI and think I had it working, can anyone advise how I can use that on the move, i.e. without wireless.

Also any recommendations of great places to stay around Reading/Legoland welcome, although I imagine space is at a premium compared to the highlands :-)

Cheers

As you say not as much space as the Highlands, but when you have been to LEGOLAND head out towards Bourne End, Marlow way and you will find some places around there to over night, not many height barriers around there. Cookham is ok if you go down the high street out on to the moor there is a good car park there. If you have computer with you can always give me a shout, I used to live in that area may be able to help you. Have a good trip.

:drive: :drive:

Wooie1958
12-10-2013, 08:54

The easiest way is to put the POI`s on a Satellite Navigation Device.

Plenty of help for all the different devices here :- POI file Help and Support (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/poi-file-help-support/)

Colshandy
12-10-2013, 10:09
The easiest way is to put the POI`s on a Satellite Navigation Device.

Plenty of help for all the different devices here :- POI file Help and Support (http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/poi-file-help-support/)

thanks for all of the advice so far. Any idea if google maps on a phone/tablet would work with POIs ? thanks again

POI Admin
12-10-2013, 12:13
Take a look at this thread for advice on using Google Earth on an Android device:

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/poi-file-help-support/27310-pois-google-maps-android-updated-march-2013-a.html

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS