PDA

View Full Version : One Man and his Van

GinaRon
12-10-2013, 22:20
Not sure if this is in right place - but it is about campervans. Sat this afternoon and watched back to back episodes of One Man and his Campervan. The only downside is it was about cooking as well as campervans and view the episodes I saw went from Norfolk, Yorkshire, Scotland, Northumberland, Cumbria and Pembrokeshire
really enjoyed it - can't see me doing the fancy cooking though. Has anyone else watched and enjoyed this?
:camper:

sasquatch
12-10-2013, 22:27
Yes saw it first time round,deffo one for Dub box fans! He did have a second series in the pipeline but Auntie Beeb dropped,probably in favour of Strictly etc.

hextal
12-10-2013, 22:32
They first series is on youtube - or it was a few weeks back

scampa
12-10-2013, 22:54
I've seen this series a couple of times, and I even have the DVD (it's now available through Amazon ... One Man And His Campervan [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Martin Dorey: Film & TV (http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Man-And-His-Campervan/dp/B00BLKQT58/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381617146&sr=8-1&keywords=one+man+and+his+campervan+dvd) ).

It's interesting and well worth viewing, but I don't know why they put quite so much emphasis on the cookery portions? There seems to be a rule that any programme like this HAS to have some cookery content in it, probably to make it tempting (& marketable) to all those afternoon TV viewers out there?

The "Ade in Britain" series was similar, with some cookery content in every episode. Maybe there just isn't a big enough audience for a programme such as this, so they have to attract more viewers in this way?

If it was up to me, I'd give them a supply of ready-meals, and concentrate more on the destinations and scenery!! :):)

Photophil
13-10-2013, 01:04
I also watched it on TV a year or so ago. Downloaded it onto my ipad. It's a great show and one of the reasons I bought my vw camper!

john t
13-10-2013, 05:46
I quite like the show, and he does a bit a writing now for MMM, i'm not particulary a fan of the older type VW's, but do like the newer one's. Think there a great all round day van, and for using for holiday's etc..... If finances allowed me i would get rid of my van and smart car and just have the one van, and it would probably be a new type VW.!

jt

Blodwyn Pig
13-10-2013, 06:07
Must have missed this :( will look it up on you tube.

Watched the 'Ade in Britain' series, very good :)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS