PDA

View Full Version : Whitby overnight parking

tonymays
13-10-2013, 11:35
Going to Musicport (World Music Festival) 18/19/20 October which takes place at the Pavilion in Whitby. What's the latest, anyone, on parking at West Cliff or nearby?

marydot
13-10-2013, 14:41
We were there at the beginning of the week on a THS. All the way along West Cliff there are signs banning motorhomes from 10pm - 7 or 8 am - can't quite remember the times. There is another sign saying no camping, no sleeping in vehicles etc., etc. So if you want to stay overnight, you need to get out of town onto the moors, by 10pm latest. Bah humbug to Whitby!

Marydot

landyrubbertramp
13-10-2013, 17:44
Their are plenty of streets in Whitby that have no rescritiions and can park just like any other vehicle . U r well within ur right to park their I do so and when I was confructef by a resident telling me I could not at 2am I called the police who came out and told this member of the public that we were able to park in such a place . Stand your ground councils and certain members of the public use fear as a weapon confront it at every opportunity .

Burtie
13-10-2013, 17:59
Absolutely stand your ground why should we motor home owners have our lives ruined because of
Petty minded residents of Whitby

shawbags
13-10-2013, 18:19
If there are no yellow lines i park up ,housing estates anywhere ,i do move about from night to night,you are not breaking the law ,Shawbags.

Smaug
13-10-2013, 22:27
If there are no yellow lines i park up ,housing estates anywhere ,i do move about from night to night,you are not breaking the law ,Shawbags.

The only issue in populated places is that there are idiots around who like to take "their version of the law" into their own hands, so there is a risk of vandalism, banging on the van sides or just loud noises to disturb you. That is why I would generally prefer to be away from urban areas or at least in a quiet spot like a small business estate. Maybe less of an issue in a basic "stealth" van, but in a big white Ice Cream van we are a bit "in your face".

Having said that, I left our Transit Landliner coachbuilt outside my semi in Wallasey without problems for about 5 years & could have stayed in it without any one noticing.

yorkslass
14-10-2013, 21:27
any of the roads that have no overnight sleeping or camping are ok, just steer clear of the "NO PARKING OVERNIGHT FOR MOTORHOMES" :camper:

alcam
15-10-2013, 09:01
The main car park behind coop allows overnight parking . The tourist office have a notice to that effect . Don't park on the left hand car park . There are notices [ partially hidden in some cases ] banning over night stays . I did receive a ticket in august for parking on left side which I contested and after a couple of emails it was quashed . But this was for technical reasons . Compliments to the ticket people for dealing with me fairly . I also think Whitby deserves praise for a pragmatic approach to overnight stays . Ok if you stay in car park it will cost you 6+ per night but I think thats ok for town centre

maingate
15-10-2013, 10:32
The main car park behind coop allows overnight parking . The tourist office have a notice to that effect . Don't park on the left hand car park . There are notices [ partially hidden in some cases ] banning over night stays . I did receive a ticket in august for parking on left side which I contested and after a couple of emails it was quashed . But this was for technical reasons . Compliments to the ticket people for dealing with me fairly . I also think Whitby deserves praise for a pragmatic approach to overnight stays . Ok if you stay in car park it will cost you 6+ per night but I think thats ok for town centre

Does your vehicle have to fit in one bay and do you need 2 tickets if your vehicle takes 2 bays?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS