PDA

View Full Version : insurance discounts with CC and CCC

BrianG
15-10-2013, 20:19
Just wondering if it is worth joining either caravan club or caravan and camping club for the insurance discounts available if you only use the clubs 1 or 2 times a year. Cheers Brian

sasquatch
15-10-2013, 20:23
I don't find any of the club discounts insurance or ferry to be worth the membership fee.

mikejay
15-10-2013, 23:00
Same here joined the cc last year and the insurance was a lot more expensive than my current insurer.

molly 2
16-10-2013, 00:06
Just wondering if it is worth joining either caravan club or caravan and camping club for the insurance discounts available if you only use the clubs 1 or 2 times a year. Cheers Brian

i had a quote for motor home and house ins both more expensive . caravan club

mumumum4
16-10-2013, 06:11
Hi,
We are members of the C&CC. We were members before we got the campervan as we had a folding camper. When we first got the campervan, we could only get roadside rescue if we did it through the C&CC because no one would take us on because of age/size (I forget the actual reason). We are now with ADAC who pretty much take anyone. We have our insurance through Adrian Flux as we couldn't get anyone else to take on our converted van. We do get some reduction for being C&CC members, but I'm not sure how much. We also get quite a bit off the long Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry crossing, if we are careful of the days we choose. We used this crossing twice (2 returns) last year and saved over 200 on booking direct with DFDS. (We tow a trailer which we get free on DFDS on certain days).
We also use their campsites in the colder days as we have no heating and I'd prefer to be warm. We also don't have a shower, and our teenage girls like a shower daily. We are going to their Edinburgh site at Lauder tomorrow for 3 nights - 2 adults, 2 teens, dog and driveaway awning, 40 for the 3 nights, which is not a lot, I don't think.
It works for us, but it might not be right for everyone.

Alison

Philcott
16-10-2013, 07:03
C&CC have come in the lowest on quotes for my insurance for the coming year - nearly 100 difference. I've tried CC (am a member of both) who did my insurance last year, and only one other quote has come in less than C&CC - but they don't give me the European days cover like C&CC has. My van is a 1991 model. So for me, being a member is saving me money. I do use camp sites, but not very often.

maingate
16-10-2013, 07:40
I have insurance through C&CC because the price is competitive. We use the THS a lot but never use Club sites or CS's.

luckyfish252
16-10-2013, 08:30
we have just renewed our policy over the phone they asked did we have cc or c and c membership which we have they gave us a quote which we accepted and got our cover note which we picked up at our local office.Policy to follow so we waited a couple of weeks and we had a letter saying because we had not shown our membership cards we were being charged the 15 which was the amount they deducted for being a member,I took the cards in and they gave us the reduction and the policy.

Val54
16-10-2013, 16:19
We've been members with cc for many years to meet up with friends and family. We always check their insurance for the motorhome and they have yet to get anywhere near Comfort or Safeguard on a like for like basis.
Cheers
Dave

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS