PDA

View Full Version : Slight hailstone damaged Hymer for sale at auction.

tiderus
16-10-2013, 08:41
Hi All, anyone fancy doing up this beauty.

Damage: YOU ARE BIDDING ON A HYMER MOBIL MOTOR HOME, MODEL 614SL. THIS VEHICLE HAS SUSTAINED HAILSTONE DAMAGE TO THE ROOF WHICH IS VERY HARD TO NOTICE, ITS A 4 BERTH WHICH COMES WITH ALL ACCESSORIES IE, COOKER, HOB, SHOWER, TOILET ETC... HAS A FLAT SCREEN TV SATELLITE RECIEVER ALSO COMES WITH REVERSE CAMERA,, VEHICLE IS TAXED & M.O.T UNTIL APRIL 2014, THIS VEHICLE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION PAID OUT 49000 ,AND CAN BE VIEWED, PLEASE CALL FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CALL 01670 827800.
Category: Cat D VAT: No Speedo: 38012 Keys: Yes Colour: SILVER V5: Yes VIN Plate: Yes Stereo: Yes Starts: Yes notesService History: Yes Drives: Yes notes

As Iv'e been doing up write off's for some 40 odd years, this must be the best with slight hailstone damage to the roof.

The firm is, Salvage Market. co.uk on the net.
and is being sold on an on line auction. Due to end on the 18th Oct.
Worth haveing a look just to be nosey.
Rgd's Graham.

sasquatch
16-10-2013, 09:23
If the damage is on the roof,whats the problem,as long as it doesn't leak? What a belter,the only downside for me is that its on an 07 FIAT these are the first ones that juddered in reverse.

MORGANTHEMOON
16-10-2013, 09:50
Cracking van Graham.

Wooie1958
16-10-2013, 10:26
Hi All, anyone fancy doing up this beauty.

Damage: YOU ARE BIDDING ON A HYMER MOBIL MOTOR HOME, MODEL 614SL. THIS VEHICLE HAS SUSTAINED HAILSTONE DAMAGE TO THE ROOF WHICH IS VERY HARD TO NOTICE, ITS A 4 BERTH WHICH COMES WITH ALL ACCESSORIES IE, COOKER, HOB, SHOWER, TOILET ETC... HAS A FLAT SCREEN TV SATELLITE RECIEVER ALSO COMES WITH REVERSE CAMERA,, VEHICLE IS TAXED & M.O.T UNTIL APRIL 2014, THIS VEHICLE IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION PAID OUT 49000 ,AND CAN BE VIEWED, PLEASE CALL FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CALL 01670 827800.
Category: Cat D VAT: No Speedo: 38012 Keys: Yes Colour: SILVER V5: Yes VIN Plate: Yes Stereo: Yes Starts: Yes notesService History: Yes Drives: Yes notes

As Iv'e been doing up write off's for some 40 odd years, this must be the best with slight hailstone damage to the roof.

The firm is, Salvage Market. co.uk on the net.
and is being sold on an on line auction. Due to end on the 18th Oct.
Worth haveing a look just to be nosey.
Rgd's Graham.

Here you are this is it :- SalvageMarket UK's Premier Online Salvage Auction Site (http://thesalvagemarket.co.uk/vehicle_list.php?x=&t4=4&member=&member_site=0&site=&orderby=7&value=161576)

Wooie1958
16-10-2013, 10:40
Hi Graham.

There`s just something niggling away in the back of my mind that .............................

If the Insurance Company paid out 49,000 for the damage to it then it just might be quite serious.

As we all know they don`t pay out just for the hell of it and if they can get out of paying they will.

I`ll watch with interest to see how much it goes for on Friday.

Motorova
16-10-2013, 11:05
If I understand it properly, Cat D is insurance write off. That usually means it was not economical to repair.

We don't know what the insurance company sold the motorhome for. My guess is about 20,000. On that basis the repair at professional rates would have been valued at about 30,000. That's a lot of repair........

Cat D goes on the Log book and some motorhome insurers will refuse to insure a Cat D vehicle and others will load the premium. Resale value will be affected too as the buyer will not be too sure of what the original damage was.
It is strange that there are no photos of the damage. Minor GRP damage is usually repaired quite easily. I wonder if there is something else as well?

tiderus
16-10-2013, 11:26
Hi Graham.

There`s just something niggling away in the back of my mind that .............................

If the Insurance Company paid out 49,000 for the damage to it then it just might be quite serious.

As we all know they don`t pay out just for the hell of it and if they can get out of paying they will.

I`ll watch with interest to see how much it goes for on Friday.

Hi Wooie, There are numerous reasons for them paying out,

It may have been stolen then damaged after.

They have paid out on one where the owner was going back abroad.

Who knows, but it sure looks a nice one.

Where the devil did it get hailstones that big, hope its not on poi's, lol.

There are other ones on this site, found a nice looking transit M/H cheap, undamaged

Plus a Winibago, Renault, and only got about half way through.

Nice to see a different way of buying, a bit cheaper.

Done it for years myself, use a bit of common sense, and take advise from a friend where poss.

Rgd's Graham.

herbenny
16-10-2013, 12:56
I will write you a cheque :D

Deleted user 21925
16-10-2013, 12:59
I will write you a cheque :D

Good God! I'm ringing Paul immediately!

Riky
17-05-2014, 09:10
Hi tiderus, do you know what price the hymer sold for, thanks Riky

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS