PDA

View Full Version : Roanne France

vindiboy
16-10-2013, 11:50
17715HI all, we have just arrived at Roanne,super Aire on the canal five euros a night, I wanted to post a few pictures.1771317714hope this works, using my new tablet,you can get tablets for most problems these days he he :dance:

MORGANTHEMOON
16-10-2013, 11:56
Very nice, what's the weather like?

POI Admin
16-10-2013, 12:46
Thanks for the info - I've added it to the POIs :D

barryd
16-10-2013, 14:51
Looks good. Not sure which way you are heading but there is a cracking Aire about 20 miles west of you on the Siene at La Mailleraye-sur-Seine. Think thats about 5 as well. Grass pitches right next to the river. Lots of interesting craft going past.

wints
16-10-2013, 15:46
Looks good. Not sure which way you are heading but there is a cracking Aire about 20 miles west of you on the Siene at La Mailleraye-sur-Seine. Think thats about 5 as well. Grass pitches right next to the river. Lots of interesting craft going past.

Hey Baz, are you pi$$ed up on the vino or what ??? That very fine aire at Le Mail-s-seine is near Rouen !! Sounds like, but nowhere near, not even close to, Roanne!!!

Hope you having a good time.

Allen

m30
16-10-2013, 16:03
We pulled in at this one in August but found it a little uninspiring so moved just up the valley to the aire above the dam at Lac de Villerest, which is a very nice spot when the water level is high and the sun is shining.

Stu

Val54
16-10-2013, 16:26
Just as well it is Roanne and not Rouen as Mailleraye is closed until Spring 2014 for various street works, but agree with Barry it is a great aire.
Cheers
Dave

barryd
16-10-2013, 16:40
Hey Baz, are you pi$$ed up on the vino or what ??? That very fine aire at Le Mail-s-seine is near Rouen !! Sounds like, but nowhere near, not even close to, Roanne!!!

Hope you having a good time.

Allen

Doh!!

Oh yeah I meant Rouen! Its a wonder how I find my way around France. Go to Annecy then, thats not far from there. Lovely place but weather might be iffy now! :o

POI Admin
16-10-2013, 16:45

You'll find this in the POIs too :D

POI Admin
16-10-2013, 16:57
We pulled in at this one in August but found it a little uninspiring so moved just up the valley to the aire above the dam at Lac de Villerest, which is a very nice spot when the water level is high and the sun is shining.

Stu

Thanks for this suggestion - I've added this to the POIs as well :D

Shockingdog
16-10-2013, 18:48

Can confirm a great aire with some amazing barges and ships passing up and down the river. Overnight charge is 6.50 .

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS