PDA

View Full Version : Sim card for Portugal

Covey
18-10-2013, 07:58
I am moving on in to Portugal next week from Spain and need a couple of PAYG Sims to work in my phone and tablet. I shall be in Portugal for 3 months and would appreciate any advice from members regarding the best company to go with.

I usually use Lyca or Lebara in Spain but am happy to use anyone as long as their service works well around the Algarve.

kenspain
18-10-2013, 10:11
Because I always go Inland in Portugal every year I use a pay as you go sim from Vodafone of all the ones I have tried they were the best. hope this helps :wave:

maxi77
18-10-2013, 12:23
When we lived there we used TMN as at the time we bought the cards cards they had the best deal, expect to pay about 5 euros probably with some credit. Topping up is easy in any phone shop. For internet we used Kangaru reasonably priced and top up on line was relatively easy with the help of google translate. Will be out there again shortly so will have a troll around the phone shops in the Algarve Shopping Centre at Guia before popping down to the football club cafebfor one of their excellent lunches

Pauljenny
18-10-2013, 21:13
I am moving on in to Portugal next week from Spain and need a couple of PAYG Sims to work in my phone and tablet. I shall be in Portugal for 3 months and would appreciate any advice from members regarding the best company to go with.

I usually use Lyca or Lebara in Spain but am happy to use anyone as long as their service works well around the Algarve.

Vodaphone and TMn have the best coverage .... Do you know about putting your dongle inside one of those 'balloon ' wire eggwhisks ? boosts a weak signal if your'e away from civilisation.

We were setting off to spend the winter down there after the local NHS told us not to expect a second cataract op, for my pilot , before the end of November .

Ordered 2 pairs of cheapest Tesco specs with one lens plain ..... they arrived last Monday .... Then the phone rang ,telling us that the op was on for the 30th Oct . ..!

'appen we'll be there for Xmas .

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS