PDA

View Full Version : Ferry advice and discount codes?

Talbot
21-10-2013, 10:45
Only ever used Dover/Dunkirk ferry for holidays France and Germany, but thinking of Spain next year. Don't know who the carriers are or where they sail from/to. Is there much competition in this service? Looking for the cheapest crossing with a cabin. Does anyone have a discount code?

By the way, here is the discount code for DFDS Dover/Dunkirk, but it's only valid until 24th October so you'll need to book fast. Use this code for 39 each way for motorhomes up to 10 metres. ENEC13. Enjoy!

dadredge
21-10-2013, 13:27
The DFDS website says this code not valid on this route?

noarlunga
21-10-2013, 16:21
I don't know much about discounted ferries to Spain - others will no doubt help - but we're off to Spain tonight. Portsmouth to Le Havre and then St Nazaire to Gijon on Wednesday. I booked that route because it was way cheaper than direct to Bilbao or Santander. If I end up going regularly I might join the Brittany Ferries scheme and travel cheaper with them but it's probably not worth joining for a single exploratory trip.

Johnny A

El Veterano
21-10-2013, 18:30
I got the same 'Not Valid'. But at certain times the crossing is 34 each way anyway ??

rebbyvid
21-10-2013, 18:39
The DFDS website says this code not valid on this route?

you need to use this webpage
Exclusive offers - DFDS Seaways (http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/offers/caravanshow/)
Rob

Rodeo
21-10-2013, 19:28
Brittany ferries do Portsmouth to Bilbao/santander and lots of other routes. If you look on their site it has all the choices.

I didnt realise you could do st naz to Gijon! I'll look into that one right away!

noarlunga
21-10-2013, 20:53
Brittany ferries do Portsmouth to Bilbao/santander and lots of other routes. If you look on their site it has all the choices.

I didnt realise you could do st naz to Gijon! I'll look into that one right away!

I'll let you know how good it is compared to Brittany Ferries. Just about load up!!! Earwiggo! :-)

dadredge
22-10-2013, 07:05
you need to use this webpage
Exclusive offers - DFDS Seaways (http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/offers/caravanshow/)
Rob

Thank you. Good offer for us bigger motorhomes if you know when you want to travel in 2014, when it is only valid. Unfortunately I do not.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS