PDA

View Full Version : Longleat

reberto
24-10-2013, 12:32
Can anybody tell us where everyone parks when they go to visit longleat safari park? it only seems to advertise caravan club site in the grounds of longleat. Don't particularly want to wild camp on this occasion, just wanted somewhere near with access to Longleat.

Thanks

Sharon the Cat
24-10-2013, 12:41
Wouldn't fancy a safari park in a MH.
Monkeys pulling out the awning, hanging off the bike rack, spinning round on the arial.:scared:

No to mention the lions trying to ponce a cuppa.

Philcott
24-10-2013, 12:56
I got in touch with Longleat because I wanted to visit. It is fine to take a motorhome through, though you do have to leave any bicycles at reception.

Tbear
24-10-2013, 13:01
I would only go to Longleat in someone else's car :) I remember laughing at the monkeys biting at the solid steel wiper jets on my old car. Little bu**ers only chewed them clear off. Imagine the fun they would have with plastic vent covers

Richard

Sharon the Cat
24-10-2013, 13:09
I would only go to Longleat in someone else's car :) I remember laughing at the monkeys biting at the solid steel wiper jets on my old car. Little bu**ers only chewed them clear off. Imagine the fun they would have with plastic vent covers

Richard

They chewed the wiper jets off my car too. I've been told that so many people like to squirt them with the washers they've got hooked on the alcohol in the screenwash.

Tbear
24-10-2013, 13:25
They chewed the wiper jets off my car too. I've been told that so many people like to squirt them with the washers they've got hooked on the alcohol in the screenwash.

If I ever go back I'll put laxative in mine and give em something else to do :)

Richard

Sharon the Cat
24-10-2013, 13:28
Don't go through with a roof box.

Monkeys attack car and steal luggage off the roof! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc83KoX9JG4)

Wooie1958
24-10-2013, 14:26
There is a Monkey Free diversion if you do not want to go through the Monkey Enclosure.

You can still see them from road that runs along the outside of the Fenced Enclosure.

Tonyhezz
24-10-2013, 15:30
Little twats ripped the central locking button off the back of my xtrail... 80 to replace it.... But was well worth it too see the daughters face when they were looking thru the sun roof..

Wooie1958
24-10-2013, 15:50
Wouldn't fancy a safari park in a MH.
Monkeys pulling out the awning, hanging off the bike rack, spinning round on the arial.:scared:

That`s only the same as some of the kids do on the Family Sites ....................... LOL

GinaRon
24-10-2013, 18:02
Can anybody tell us where everyone parks when they go to visit longleat safari park? it only seems to advertise caravan club site in the grounds of longleat. Don't particularly want to wild camp on this occasion, just wanted somewhere near with access to Longleat.

Thanks

Yes we stayed 2 miles down the road - the directions I got off a previous thread - from at least 4 weeks ago - The post code BA12 7RQ (you can goggle first). It is small slip road (called we think Folly Lane) there are houses but they are behind walls. The only bit we did not do was the monkey place but we went everywhere else and had an absolutely fabulous day. You can also go on the boat on the lake for the entrance fee, and in the house and on the train. :wave: :have fun:

rockape
24-10-2013, 19:16

Thanks You could go to Brokerswood camp site which is between Westbury and Longleat.

Andy75
25-10-2013, 08:07
You could go to Brokerswood camp site which is between Westbury and Longleat.

Good call - that's quite a nice site. We regularly walk around the wood when down seeing the parents.

Philcott
25-10-2013, 16:12
I hate monkeys= got bit as a child. Don't trust them, never have and never will! Actually, it's not just hate - they scare the hell out of me as well!

I lived in SA and the monkeys there will come into your house and steal the food. They are very clever and not afraid of humans. I've seen the devastation they can cause! They killed a neighbours dog while I was on holiday this year. Urgh!

antiquesam
25-10-2013, 16:22
We had a quiet night last year at this car park 51.17935-2.24770. You can cross the road and follow the path to the sculpture park and look down on the House.

rockape
25-10-2013, 18:22
We had a quiet night last year at this car park 51.17935-2.24770. You can cross the road and follow the path to the sculpture park and look down on the House.This place is called Heavens gate, try the sledge when its snowed.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS