PDA

View Full Version : Walcott,Norfolk

deanjo
25-10-2013, 20:03
I know its not free,but we stayed in a car park on the sea front,5 for the night,you cant miss it,big sign saying overnight camping for campervans/motorhomes,theres also another one on the opposite side just after the poachers pocket pub.

Older Gurna
28-10-2013, 17:42
Yep, there's also a Loo & bbq equip. !
Local shop is well-stocked too !

m1cxf
28-10-2013, 18:38
One of the best fish & chip shops in the area just up the road a little. I have recently spent a week in nearby Bacton and loved the area, it was so peaceful.
Also the Poachers Pocket serves some nice pub grub and the dog was made just as welcome as we were/

TJ

Toonman
28-10-2013, 18:41
Chip shop not so good the best in the area is the Three Cottages opposite Sainsbury's in North Washam 2 miles away.

BrianG
28-10-2013, 18:48
Best time I have had "Free camping " or one of the best, has been in Norfolk. Almost like being in France. Most people very friendly and lots of small parking areas close to the sea. Thoroughly recommended. Great if you, like me, enjoy cycling but hate hills.

FULL TIMER
28-10-2013, 19:54
Chip shop not so good the best in the area is the Three Cottages opposite Sainsbury's in North Washam 2 miles away.

Never tried Three Cottages but agree the one in Walcot is not so good now we actually had to complain about ours a couple of weeks back, one of my old mates used to have the one in Bacton it was good then but havn't been since he sold it. Many years ago my great uncle and his brothers had a couple of fish & chip shops and a fishmongers in North Walsham .

maingate
28-10-2013, 21:16
Ooops .... sorry.

I seemed to have logged on to a Fish Shop forum by mistake. :p

eurodat
21-03-2016, 10:41
For anyone who still uses this, it's been sold and the price is now 10 a night but the toilets are now no longer available. Removed the loos and doubled the price.. No thanks! It's a shame because it's a great location.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS