PDA

View Full Version : Three Days in Newark for 15

dr dave
30-10-2013, 08:10
Just had an email from SMC where we got our van from They are having an open weekend it might be of interest to some as the site they use looks quite good and about a mile from Newark. At 5 a night it looks a bargain.
SMC Motorhomes - Autumn Open Weekend 2013 (http://www.smcmotorhomes.co.uk/autumn-open-weekend-2013.html)
Dave

iveco4x4
30-10-2013, 20:25
You'd have to pay me more than 5 a night to go to newark:(

Rich

QFour
30-10-2013, 20:34
Goto Lowdhams its free ... and not far from Newark ..

Laurieash
31-10-2013, 09:19
So is Browhills:scared:

dr dave
31-10-2013, 14:07
Sorry guys. I mistakenly thought that if anyone wanted to stop on a proper site for a few nights it would be a bargain.

Older Gurna
31-10-2013, 14:51
Thanks for posting & sharing with Us M8!
Personally, I've never been to Newark so might check this out.....T'would be a shame if people thought twice about sharing info in case of disparaging replies.......?

dr dave
31-10-2013, 14:59
Thanks for posting & sharing with Us M8!
Personally, I've never been to Newark so might check this out.....T'would be a shame if people thought twice about sharing info in case of disparaging replies.......?
My thoughts exactly all information is good 'to those who can make use of it'

maingate
31-10-2013, 15:05
My thoughts exactly all information is good 'to those who can make use of it'

I think the disparaging remark was about Newark itself. Maybe he was frightened by some soldiers as a child. :o

Got the offer myself but too busy for holidays at the moment but well worth publicising.

Wooie1958
31-10-2013, 15:06
Thanks for the link dr dave.

5 a night for somewhere safe to pitch and leave the van all day and a Free Shuttle Bus and Free Food and Refreshments seems good to me.

I`m surprised no one has picked up on the Free Food as i`m sure that they could get more than 5 of food in a Doggy Bag to feed them over the weekend.

dr dave
31-10-2013, 15:08
Thanks for the link dr dave.

5 a night for somewhere safe to pitch and leave the van all day and a Free Shuttle Bus and Free Food and Refreshments seems good to me.

I`m surprised no one has picked up on the Free Food as i`m sure that they could get more than 5 of food in a Doggy Bag to feed them over the weekend.
Woof Woof !

frontslide
31-10-2013, 16:18
We used to stay at a pub near Farndon marina called the Lazy Otter in our Commer camper day's.

Older Gurna
31-10-2013, 22:21
Dr Dave:- Thanks again.....I've just booked for Sat. Night, They'll contact Me to take payment (a penny over a fiver & deal's off!!!)
Here's hoping site ain't busy!!!

dr dave
01-11-2013, 06:49
Dr Dave:- Thanks again.....I've just booked for Sat. Night, They'll contact Me to take payment (a penny over a fiver & deal's off!!!)
Here's hoping site ain't busy!!!
See you there (look for my 'W') I rang them and they don't bother ringing just pay at the site.
Dave

dr dave
01-11-2013, 08:35
See you there (look for my 'W') I rang them and they don't bother ringing just pay at the site.
Dave
Ignore the last message they just rang me for payment of 5:00 a night not a penny more :-)

Older Gurna
01-11-2013, 16:59
Cool! There's only 4 booked for the Rally Field......& 2 of Us are from here!
I won't get there 'till tomorrow pm....I'm easy to spot.........the oldest, scruffiest van on this (or any!) site!
See You tomorrow!

Older Gurna
04-11-2013, 19:25
Thanks again Dave....was nice to meet you (lovely van!!)
Sorry that I did n't get to say cheerio Sunday Morn (& 'borrow' a couple of tea bags!!!) but had to keep to a tight schedule in order to get back dahn sarf!
All the best.

dr dave
04-11-2013, 20:07
Thanks again Dave....was nice to meet you (lovely van!!)
Sorry that I did n't get to say cheerio Sunday Morn (& 'borrow' a couple of tea bags!!!) but had to keep to a tight schedule in order to get back dahn sarf!
All the best.
Same here mate it was a decent site for the money. wondered why you had dashed off thought Ron's generator had put you off :-) hope to see you out and about soon.

Older Gurna
04-11-2013, 20:46
What it was....the shuttle mini-bus to SMC left at 10.00 & then 1/2 hourly....but the 1st bus BACK was 2.30! As We wanted to check out Newark (...well, Castle & Morrisons!!)...& find a NT Property for Lunch; We followed the m/bus & then continued our 'tour'!

Ron's genny....! I've been on e-bay today as I'm seriously considering getting the next size down!
Lovely couple.....I hope that's Me & the Missus a few years down the road!!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS