PDA

View Full Version : Oh beggar!

Smaug
02-11-2013, 14:47
I punted a bid on a portable saterlite (sic) system on e-bay, suspecting that with the miss-spelling it may not have been picked up by many bidders. Anyway, it turns out I was right & I have won the bloomin' thing. :(

The missus hates TV in the van, & TBH I reckon it is more trouble than it's worth when wilding on a different site every night & with limited line of sight due to trees or mountains. I struggle to even get terrestrial reception on the driveway even with a Status amplified aerial.

Wooie1958
02-11-2013, 14:54
I`ll give you a Fiver for it cash.

maingate
02-11-2013, 15:13
I punted a bid on a portable saterlite (sic) system on e-bay, suspecting that with the miss-spelling it may not have been picked up by many bidders. Anyway, it turns out I was right & I have won the bloomin' thing. :(

The missus hates TV in the van, & TBH I reckon it is more trouble than it's worth when wilding on a different site every night & with limited line of sight due to trees or mountains. I struggle to even get terrestrial reception on the driveway even with a Status amplified aerial.

Set it up for home use then ...... Simples.

Fazerloz
02-11-2013, 15:13
I will take it if you pay me a tenner.

Smaug
02-11-2013, 15:16
Set it up for home use then ...... Simples.

I already have Sky at home & can use Sky Go on the netbook as long as I have WiFi or 3g cover. But mostly we go camping to get away from the awful telly programmes.

barryd
02-11-2013, 15:27
Clean it up a bit, take some good photos and put together a proper advert in proper English and sell it. This seems to be beyond most of the sellers on Ebay so you should do well!

Smaug
02-11-2013, 15:35
Clean it up a bit, take some good photos and put together a proper advert in proper English and sell it. This seems to be beyond most of the sellers on Ebay so you should do well!

That was my thinking when I did the bid. But I know I am doomed to spending a couple of days (at least) mucking around with it instead of walking the dog, or taking piccies of the scenery.

I already have a Dyson DC01, and a s/s dimmable uplighter to sell on e-bay, not to mention odd car parts, boats & vehicles. (sigh) :lol-053:

sparrks
02-11-2013, 16:11

Take GOOD photos? how is that possible in this day and age with the current crop of cameras. :D I can't believe how awful the pictures are that some people post. If it's not in focus - retake it, it's not difficult.

barryd
02-11-2013, 17:43
That was my thinking when I did the bid. But I know I am doomed to spending a couple of days (at least) mucking around with it instead of walking the dog, or taking piccies of the scenery.

I already have a Dyson DC01, and a s/s dimmable uplighter to sell on e-bay, not to mention odd car parts, boats & vehicles. (sigh) :lol-053:

Sounds like your well on your way to becoming an Ebay Del Boy!!

This time next year you will be a millionaire!

Smaug
03-11-2013, 11:58
Sounds like your well on your way to becoming an Ebay Del Boy!!

This time next year you will be a millionaire!

nah, the reality is closer to what happens to Del-boy every episode. It all goes tits up. :cry:

Smaug
12-11-2013, 09:22
Well, it arrived - over the weekend while we were away, and I have collected it from the local post office where it was put, disregarding my instructions to leave it at the neighbours! This morning I have opened it to see what I have. It's the Lidl one & seems pretty complete except that it has 2 x 240v power supplies(!?) as well as the 12v one, but no bloody instruction leaflet.

I guess there is someone out there who has a Lidl sat dish who can give me some useful tips (like whether I should just stick it back on e-bay) and possible upload a copy of the English bit of the instruction leaflet. In the mean time I shall ask Mr Google for links to info.

EDIT; Mr Google has supplied the English manual for the receiver (it's a Comag SL-65 Silvercrest apparently) so it's only the dish set up info I need now.

Deleted user 21925
12-11-2013, 09:42

I don't suppose you have a small (2hp) 4 stroke outboard for sale?

Smaug
12-11-2013, 09:50
I don't suppose you have a small (2hp) 4 stroke outboard for sale?

Nah, I use a British Seagull, doncha just lurve the smell of a 2/ in the morning? :banana:

Deleted user 21925
12-11-2013, 09:53
Nah, I use a British Seagull, doncha just lurve the smell of a 2/ in the morning? :banana:

Great little engines, but I really fancy an air cooled Honda 4 stroke.

I am considering buying an old Seagull as a project though, there are a few on Ebay.

Smaug
12-11-2013, 09:57
Great little engines, but I really fancy an air cooled Honda 4 stroke.

I am considering buying an old Seagull as a project though, there are a few on Ebay.

Do some research first, many on e-bay are "bitsas" cobbled together from odd spares of different era engines. This guy (http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/) has an amazing wealth of info on his site & all the spare you could ever need, if you can afford them. Obviously the motors are very basic technology, but there are a number of little quirks that can make it hard or easy to sort something.

Deleted user 21925
12-11-2013, 10:05
Do some research first, many on e-bay are "bitsas" cobbled together from odd spares of different era engines. This guy (http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/) has an amazing wealth of info on his site & all the spare you could ever need, if you can afford them. Obviously the motors are very basic technology, but there are a number of little quirks that can make it hard or easy to sort something.

Strangely enough, I was looking at his site yesterday!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS