PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee Point A815 Loch Eck

suegirt
02-11-2013, 20:35
Stayed at this Forestry Commission car park in October with no problems apart from dire weather which meant we didn't actually get to enjoy the area around the car park. It's on the right hand side as you are travelling south, not far after the Whistlefield Inn. Sign says no caravans, but that's probably more about manoeuvring space. Very convenient for the ferries at Dunoon the next day.

patbhoy
30-04-2014, 18:27
Stayed at this Forestry Commission car park in October with no problems apart from dire weather which meant we didn't actually get to enjoy the area around the car park. It's on the right hand side as you are travelling south, not far after the Whistlefield Inn. Sign says no caravans, but that's probably more about manoeuvring space. Very convenient for the ferries at Dunoon the next day.

Pulled in to Jubilee Point yesterday and there is definitely no overnight parking allowed, there are signs informing that you will be moved on.
The chance of being moved are probably slim but we moved on and found a great spot high above Dunoon looking up the Clyde.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc214/pat7261/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/40F41F96-7405-4FE2-A104-C5D389B3303F.jpg (http://s216.photobucket.com/user/pat7261/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/40F41F96-7405-4FE2-A104-C5D389B3303F.jpg.html)

m30
30-04-2014, 19:09
We stayed at Jubilee point a couple of weeks ago on our way back from 10 days up the west coast.
The sign that I saw does not say that your are not allowed to park overnight. Its says something like "This is a picnic area not a camp site. Camping from a vehicle is forbidden and you will be moved on even if you have already pitched your tent." or words to that effect, which i took as meaning we were alright to stay, which we did without problem.

Did you see the same sign or has a new one been put up?

Stu

patbhoy
30-04-2014, 19:41
Yes it was the same sign and my interpretation says your not allowed, as I said I doubt very much you'd be moved on but I'd rather not take the chance.
As you will see from the photo in my earlier post I'm sure you will agree I found a nice spot with no restrictions.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS