PDA

View Full Version : How much do you use your van?

Sky
03-11-2013, 10:59
Please ignore this poll - I screwed it up. I will prepare another off-line (and when I'm sober). :egg:

Sky
03-11-2013, 11:11
Doh! Titled wrong - sorry, but can't change it. Anyway, you'll get the idea . . .

Smaug
03-11-2013, 11:34
about 4'6".

sorry, that should have said 4/6d.

I don't full time, but I only use a campsite to be with extended family in tents & a caravan.

mrbadger
03-11-2013, 11:38
We've covered 20K miles in two years, in France, Spain, Germany and UK. We now live in it full time. The time spent wild camping, using pay sites and Aires varies according to conditions. In France, for instance, where free Aires are plentiful you could virtually live in them. In Spain, not such a good idea, better to pay for a site. In Germany you usually pay a small fee for an Aire anyway, but the facilities are as good as a 'proper' site, so it doesn't matter.
In UK we are less welcome than in the EU, they take height barriers down and sell them to the Brits!!

But we have wildcamped a lot in UK and never had a problem, its just that we dont feel comfortable.

Wonder when the UK authorities are going to realise the value of the Silver Pound and begin to welcome us, like the French do?

Firefox
03-11-2013, 12:03
Stealth van and occasionally use campsites. Campsites aren't all bad. Some of the budget ones under 10.00 are great value.

We had a meet up rally at Radwell in Herts over halloween (another forum) and it was 4.00 a night. Toilets, water, chem disposal, fields, trees, orchards - loads of space. This is the kind of campsite I use.

My van has two mirror glass windows behind the cab. Windows are an important issue for some campsites. They get anal about them so it isn't always possible to go on campsites with a very stealthy van.

snowbirds
03-11-2013, 12:11
Sorry you lost me I am not a full-timer as are 85% of this site,but use my van quite a lot.???

Snowbirds

Smaug
03-11-2013, 12:17
Stealth van and occasionally use campsites. Campsites aren't all bad. Some of the budget ones under 10.00 are great value.

We had a meet up rally at Radwell in Herts over halloween (another forum) and it was 4.00 a night. Toilets, water, chem disposal, fields, trees, orchards - loads of space. This is the kind of campsite I use.

My van has two mirror glass windows behind the cab. Windows are an important issue for some campsites. They get anal about them so it isn't always possible to go on campsites with a very stealthy van.

This is usually because of past bad experiences, especially from gangs of lads in old vans. The few spoiling it for the majority once again.

Stanski
03-11-2013, 12:29
As the thread has only started could you start again with a Good Title, I notice the questions are very biased towards Full-Time.

Sky
04-11-2013, 18:26
Thanks for your answers, but I really screwed that up didn't I?

My intention was to do two polls; one about van usage and one about full-timing - somehow I mixed the two.

Lesson learned - don't use computers to do logical things after drinking a bottle of wine. :idea-007:

Byronic
04-11-2013, 19:36
Try 2 bottles, usually works for me!

kangooroo
04-11-2013, 20:03
My van is my only vehicle and I aim to camp at least 1 night per week between September-June and make a few longer trips, eg annual 2500 mile tour of the Scottish Highlands. I wildcamp +95% of the time and only give into the cheapest possible campsite or CL when I can't last any longer without a long, hot shower. I haven't managed any longer trips yet this year so haven't used any sites either. My next trip will be next month and as many as possible over the winter - all wilding.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS