PDA

View Full Version : Snowbirds on tour

snowbirds
03-11-2013, 12:37
Hi all

We are heading in land tomorrow,from Alicante towards Zaragoza,but nothing firm yet.We crossed Zaragosa last year on way to Lake Caspe from Portugal and up through Andorra.As I don't like travelling the same routes(as life is getting shorter) any Ideas ie weather and places I should see or do or do Just push on,no bothered with big city's, now for a bit of maybe old Spain no beaches required.Thanks

Snowbirds.:drive::drive::wave::wave:

n brown
03-11-2013, 12:58
bit further south,but when you've done the Alhambra in Granada,go over to Ronda,beautiful place,take a carriage ride round the town,park anywhere there's a view,then down to Gibraltar,if you've never been it's a really interesting place, have a look round the graveyard,a lot of sailors ended up there after Trafalgar. after that you could maybe meet up with Ken and have a weather-orientated total smugfest !

Byronic
03-11-2013, 13:55
bit further south,but when you've done the Alhambra in Granada,go over to Ronda,beautiful place,take a carriage ride round the town,park anywhere there's a view,then down to Gibraltar,if you've never been it's a really interesting place, have a look round the graveyard,a lot of sailors ended up there after Trafalgar. after that you could maybe meet up with Ken and have a weather-orientated total smugfest !

Alicante to Tharagotha then Granada, then Ronda then Gibel Tariq then up to Almeria, wow that's a bit of a circuit. The one thing to remember is that this time of year, or at least shortly inland Spain can get very parkey and bleak....... elevation has everything to do with it.

kenspain
03-11-2013, 17:21
snowbirds next time you come over this way please let me know l would love to meet up with you and have a class of wine together or 2 or 3 safe trip :wave:

ivecotrucker
03-11-2013, 17:26
I agree with the suggestions of Mr Brown & Byronic but would also add Cordoba, Almeria & Sevilla (beautiful place). From around November onwards it will be cold, icy & possibly snowy on high inland roads over the major Sierras but having crossed central Spain several times in mid-winter we've yet to see a road closed. I'm not sure what the Spanish Regs are on use of winter tyres, we've never fitted them.

Frances
04-11-2013, 09:52
If you're going to Zaragossa there is a nice walk along the river and the Expo site from 2008 is worth a look. The Basilca in Zaragossa is beautiful and well worth a look.

jennyp19
04-11-2013, 17:59
Anyone travelling down Northern Eastern Spain this week - we are setting off from Marseille tomorrow morning.

ivecotrucker
04-11-2013, 19:21
Anyone travelling down Northern Eastern Spain this week - we are setting off from Marseille tomorrow morning.

Hi Jenny,
No doubt you've heard the story of fake police, tyre pointing etc. along the M/Way from south of Barcelona towards Valencia. We've never seen anything similar around there but we take the coast non-M/Way road & usually also out of tourist season. Happy travels !.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS