PDA

View Full Version : Just sharing one of those "perfect" moments...

whitevanwoman
05-11-2013, 22:42
Long story but I'm in the van tonight, parked up outside a friends garage at a truckers yard where hopefully he will be able to sort out a problem with the van, and I've just posted a status on FB - some of you will know that this past week has been somewhat trying what with van problems, cat with sore foot, and other stuff going on. So as it is really nice to post something good and positive for a change, I thought I'd share it here - just another of those "perfect" moments in the van...

"Tonight's been lovely... a cheap vet bill, enough money in my account to tax the van, loads of yellow label veg and bread in Co-op, a nice secluded spot tucked away round the back of a big truck yard, loads of space for dogs to have a good run, a yummy stir fry dinner, then a warm up under starry skies stood next to the bonfire which the yard owner had thoughtfully lit for me (;-)) trying not to inhale too much black tyre smoke while dogs chased each other round and round the massive almost empty yard. Miss Tibs now limping again but curled up on dashboard, dogs fast asleep, candles and gas stove lit, van warm and snug, mug of Baileys, and to top off a really nice evening, a few flakes of snow! And decent 3G and radio signal - it's better than being at home."

Tezza33
05-11-2013, 22:53
I am envying you more than that smug :p one from Spain now

phantom flyer
05-11-2013, 22:55
Just like us week end just gone. On the Moray coast blowing a gale Friday night. Had to move van into wind at 2.30 am. Van still rocking due to wind. Waves washing over van but still snug and happy in the low lighting. Msybe a nice cheeky red made it a good week end.

Rodeo
06-11-2013, 05:18
Sounds great,love to be nice and cosy when the weather is bad! You even have a travelling cat?? wow!

herbenny
06-11-2013, 06:18
aaaaaaaa Jess them perfect moments ...you cant beat em :heart:

onion
06-11-2013, 07:55
Know just how u feel, was nightshift driving up from Warrington with rain,sleet,wind I was nice & cosy in my cab, but the perfect moment is still to come BED, no alarms no phones just SLEEP :goodnight:

minstrel
06-11-2013, 13:11
:heart:
Long story but I'm in the van tonight, parked up outside a friends garage at a truckers yard where hopefully he will be able to sort out a problem with the van, and I've just posted a status on FB - some of you will know that this past week has been somewhat trying what with van problems, cat with sore foot, and other stuff going on. So as it is really nice to post something good and positive for a change, I thought I'd share it here - just another of those "perfect" moments in the van...

"Tonight's been lovely... a cheap vet bill, enough money in my account to tax the van, loads of yellow label veg and bread in Co-op, a nice secluded spot tucked away round the back of a big truck yard, loads of space for dogs to have a good run, a yummy stir fry dinner, then a warm up under starry skies stood next to the bonfire which the yard owner had thoughtfully lit for me (;-)) trying not to inhale too much black tyre smoke while dogs chased each other round and round the massive almost empty yard. Miss Tibs now limping again but curled up on dashboard, dogs fast asleep, candles and gas stove lit, van warm and snug, mug of Baileys, and to top off a really nice evening, a few flakes of snow! And decent 3G and radio signal - it's better than being at home."

REC
06-11-2013, 13:23
Sounds great, its amazing how the little things can add up to make life perfect one moment ...shame they also can do the opposite! But maybe we would not treaure them so much if we did not get the odd blip!

Rodeo
06-11-2013, 15:26
I agree with ^^^^^^^^. Dont know about anyone else,perhaps its my age as I get older or as I think,the times we are in at the moment with high prices lack of value for money etc etc,I m finding that we are drawn more to enjoying the simpler things in life as opposed to the elaborate stuff.

onion
06-11-2013, 16:06
Know just how u feel, was nightshift driving up from Warrington with rain,sleet,wind I was nice & cosy in my cab, but the perfect moment is still to come BED, no alarms no phones just SLEEP :goodnight:

Perfect moment over, back in the land of tv, phones, neighbours moving out, new once moving in, but I did get the picks in for my guitar so may just go out to the van close the door put heating on & sit with the guitar, before it all starts again, trains,rain,snow,wind:rolleyes2:

yorkieowl
06-11-2013, 17:58
Good to hear somebody is enjoying their van, unfortunately ours has now been parked up since end August, am so desperate to get away, but things have been too busy recently. We retired (early), 2 years ago, and like they say, never know how we found time to work, but good because we get more time to see the grandkids.:dance:

gaz2676
06-11-2013, 18:40
retired.......ya dont look a day over 28 sue

yorkieowl
06-11-2013, 18:58
Cheeky bugga, told the grandson I was 21, (6 yr old), he believed me til his mum told him she was 30! Hope you and Ang are keeping well, and getting off in the van, be good to catch up at Ribblehead if we manage to get there.

gaz2676
06-11-2013, 19:07
sweet didnt know you were going ....hope to see ya there

yorkslass
07-11-2013, 20:50
at peace with the world.:wave:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS