PDA

View Full Version : Abducted by Aliens !!

ivecotrucker
06-11-2013, 11:05
The "Claim to Have Been Abducted by Aliens International League Table" is approximately as follows as I remember from seeing it in print a couple of years ago:

UK 15, France 5, Germany 10, Netherlands 0, Italy 0, Belgium 1, USA 5,000,000.

What do these figures tell us ?

a) Aliens have very poor taste, or
b) The US has extremely cheap UFO landing charges, or
c) Insanity is a major problem in America, or
d) Maybe Elvis never left the building

Discuss

(it's raining, I'm bored & I may have man-flu coming on)

Firefox
06-11-2013, 11:32
I have noticed Americans have a morbid fascination with anything supernatural.

Be it Zombies, Vampires, Aliens etc etc

The Alien abduction stories are very strange and often accompanied by stories of alien experiments, where they have taken samples of human flesh. They even go so far as to mutilate themselves with "scoop marks" to back up their story.

ivecotrucker
06-11-2013, 12:09
I have noticed Americans have a morbid fascination with anything supernatural.

Be it Zombies, Vampires, Aliens etc etc

The Alien abduction stories are very strange and often accompanied by stories of alien experiments, where they have taken samples of human flesh. They even go so far as to mutilate themselves with "scoop marks" to back up their story.

Hi FireFox, so is that a vote for (c) Insanity ??

Firefox
06-11-2013, 12:17
I'm going for insanity with cultural insecurity as a mitigating circumstance!

n brown
06-11-2013, 12:21
there's nothing very funny about being abducted and experimented on actually,as me and my 14 fellow nutters can attest !

trevskoda
06-11-2013, 12:24
people in usa live in a vertual wourld,any thing goes.
i would vote on insanity through no fault of there own just what goes on around them.
mind you i seen something land in my garden,ops its the police heli again,i will have to be more carefull.

oldish hippy
06-11-2013, 12:30
d elvis did leave the building when abducted by aliens

plum loco
06-11-2013, 15:27
I vote C. Don't get me wrong,other life does exist out there but is to far away for them to get here.It is not possible to travel at light speed,light is'nt a solid its some sort of wavelength.Say if a space ship did manage to get into our atmosphere, it would not be silent it would need to move at speed to stay afloat.To hover it would need thrust,that can only be achieved via a big loud engine.Gravity,theres no escape without power,and power is noisey.

ecobob
06-11-2013, 15:43
I vote C. Don't get me wrong,other life does exist out there but is to far away for them to get here.It is not possible to travel at light speed,light is'nt a solid its some sort of wavelength.Say if a space ship did manage to get into our atmosphere, it would not be silent it would need to move at speed to stay afloat.To hover it would need thrust,that can only be achieved via a big loud engine.Gravity,theres no escape without power,and power is noisey.

We are only bound by the laws of Physics which we understand. Those that we do not understand or haven't discovered would be needed to make such a journey. True it would a substantial journey and not plausable with our closed and tiny minds.
Anyway as we seem to be voting I would tend to agree and vote C as well.

maingate
06-11-2013, 15:50
I can understand why there are so few from the UK.

Just look around you. :scared:

It's enough to terrify a self respecting alien.

ivecotrucker
06-11-2013, 15:57
d elvis did leave the building when abducted by aliens

Thanks OH !. I was waiting for someone to come up with that very real possibility.

Just think, what if that chap working down the chip shop really was Elvis ?.

n brown
06-11-2013, 16:02
might as well drop a link to our Kirsty ! Kirsty MacColl : There's A Guy Works Down The Chip Shop Swears He's Elvis - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL2GmaI3Xus)

plum loco
06-11-2013, 16:39
An alian spaceship was hovering over the swanny river,and they spotted this bloke paddling away in a cannoe singing old man river the swanny river.The captain alien said,beam him up and they removed a quater of his brain.They beamed him back down to his cannoe,and he carried on paddling and singing,old man river the swanny river.So they beamed him up again,and took half his brain out and beamed him back to his cannoe.He rowed and sang,old man river the swanny river.Right said the captain alien,beam him back up and remove all his brain.They took all his brain out and beamed him back down to his cannoe,and then he started rowing and singing,so ferry cross the mersey.

Older Gurna
06-11-2013, 16:48
Anyone else remember the 'Men in Black' idea (don't qualify as a theory!) with supposed aliens turning up on peoples doorsteps dressed in '20's gangster style & using dialogue reminiscent of old movies?..The idea being that aliens had copped their concept of Earth 'Culture' from TV transmissions that had taken years to reach them 'cross the Galaxy!!
As the Yanks were the 1st to churn out crap thru' the TV, maybe ET & his M8s simply see the US as the originator of Earth Culture & go there in pref. to other countries?.......Like Tourists 'doing' the Eiffel Tower/Louvre/Notre Dame in Paris etc.......?

.....No, it's C!!!

shawbags
06-11-2013, 18:08
Out of all the planets in the universe and all the universes inside universes earth cannot be the only planet with life, I think there is as much chance of aliens than there is a god ,if you believe in god how can you not believe in aliens and viser verser we have no real proof of either, if we are the most inteligent lifeform in the universe god help the (if there is a god ) universe inside the universes inside the ,errr :confused: ect .

Tbear
06-11-2013, 18:19
Can I be beamed up next Please:D

Richard

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS