PDA

View Full Version : Aldi - Tyre Traction Tracks

Sharon the Cat
09-11-2013, 10:31
Thursday 07/11 special buys

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-7th-november/product-detail/ps/p/tyre-traction-tracks/

MORGANTHEMOON
09-11-2013, 10:53
Are you trying to say my meets are muddy. lol

Sharon the Cat
09-11-2013, 10:57
Yes, lovverly mud

whitevanwoman
09-11-2013, 11:07
I got some of these last year from Aldi, well worth it when parked up on wet ground, and a fiver cheaper than I got them for on ebay. Have used them a few times this year, and they have done the job. I now have 2 pairs, so that I got them for each wheel not just the driving wheels. Have used them on soggy boggy grass and mud, not tried them in snow yet.

oldish hippy
09-11-2013, 13:26
well on that reccomdation been out a bought some well just one pair see how i get on ,then i need a pair of the green ones to make up the set

whitevanwoman
09-11-2013, 13:32
Definitely worth having at least one set for the driving wheels, makes getting off wet grass or mud soooooooooo easy and stops wheels sinking in. Definitely worth using if staying in same spot for more than 1 day. I use them even in summer now especially if grass is wet from rain or dew. I've also used them to bridge across muddy patches which is where a second set comes in useful.

The problem for OH is that you need to drive onto them slowly and carefully using both wing mirrors for positioning. I don't think the way he drives is the right way to drive onto them :lol-053:

hextal
09-11-2013, 13:36
They look a lot more convenient than the blumin great off-road waffle boards I purchased.

Seemed like a good idea at the time (but at 20kgs the pair I suspect they may end up stuffed at the back of the garage)

whitevanwoman
09-11-2013, 13:46
They fold up flat to a size which is a bit narrower but a bit longer than A4, easy to store in door pockets or behind seat etc. And lightweight. I've also got some cheap rubber mats for the same purpose but the orange tracks are easy to see when parking up than black mats.

oldish hippy
09-11-2013, 16:08
they are only just to get me out other wise it boy scout trick branches laid in front of wheel at right angles the drive onto them used it before when stuck on ice with my other van not the little cammper but the mpv and when you get moving just dont stop til you get somewhere firm

onion
09-11-2013, 19:27
I got 2 bread crates plastic cut the bottom out cut it in 2 then cut them again & tie rapped them to make them smaller, this works really good, & on really bad mud can put tent pegs in to stop them flying out the back

Beemer
09-11-2013, 20:56
I tried these at first:

But they didn't help that much, so I ended up using this:

Worked a treat but was a bit slow.

tadpole58
09-11-2013, 21:01
I've just bought the same product, same price, through Amazon. They seem quite good - hope its a while before I get to find out how good!

tranivanman
09-11-2013, 22:02
hi all

I carry a lorry tie down ratchet strap to be used as a winch if there's something handy like a tree to pull from, it works for me, you only need that little bit of tension on to get you moving.

tranivanman

Tbear
10-11-2013, 07:49
I park on cheap yellow plastic mats and have a set of these to help get me out of trouble, also got a hand cranked winch. Never used the Aldi ones or the winch. If you are thinking about getting stuck then the chances are that you won't.

Richard

Deleted user 21925
10-11-2013, 09:45
I park on cheap yellow plastic mats and have a set of these to help get me out of trouble, also got a hand cranked winch. Never used the Aldi ones or the winch. If you are thinking about getting stuck then the chances are that you won't.

Richard

Hi Richard, which winch have you got? I've been looking around for one for a while, but wasn't sure whether to trust the cheaper Ebay ones.

n brown
10-11-2013, 10:02
one of these FRENCH ARMY SURPLUS TOWING STROP heavy duty nylon tow strap rope new / unissued | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRENCH-ARMY-SURPLUS-TOWING-STROP-heavy-duty-nylon-tow-strap-rope-new-unissued-/321103964694?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item4ac349aa16) plus another vehicle,preferably a tractor is all I use. but breadbasket bottoms are tough and light and incredibly cheap !

Deleted user 21925
10-11-2013, 10:04
one of these FRENCH ARMY SURPLUS TOWING STROP heavy duty nylon tow strap rope new / unissued | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRENCH-ARMY-SURPLUS-TOWING-STROP-heavy-duty-nylon-tow-strap-rope-new-unissued-/321103964694?pt=UK_Recovery_Tools&hash=item4ac349aa16) plus another vehicle,preferably a tractor is all I use. but breadbasket bottoms are tough and light and incredibly cheap !

I got one after seeing yours at Charlie's wedding Nigel, and it has been used in anger, and yes, with a Tractor!

Sharon the Cat
10-11-2013, 10:15
I tried these at first:

But they didn't help that much, so I ended up using this:

Worked a treat but was a bit slow.

Might find room for a winch but the large tree could be a problem :)

Tbear
10-11-2013, 10:37
Hi Richard, which winch have you got? I've been looking around for one for a while, but wasn't sure whether to trust the cheaper Ebay ones.

Hi Rob,

Think I got it from Aldi as well. Just a simple hand crank one that should pull me a few feet out of a hole onto the cheapo mats that you have seen me park on. Theory being that if I can get going I might keep going. Not tested as yet :)

Richard

Sharon the Cat
10-11-2013, 16:36
Bought a set this morning. Hopefully they'll stay in the case for years to come.

Alf
10-11-2013, 18:36
Have a look for a Tirfor wire rope winch these can pull up to 5tons up a wire rope there were a lot of ex British Coal or ex WD on the market I have had one for 40 years never used it for my van but have pulled others out with it and a few tree stumps

Alf

n brown
10-11-2013, 18:58
I had a Tirfor,loved it as I often had to move heavy stuff,but in the van the cable took up too much room,so I went for a decent rope and a couple of pulley blocks,which more or less double effort.used effectively a car can pull a van ok. last time I used them was to drag a mini moke into the back of a Sprinter .easy ! as for using a winch,you can get or make a ground anchor if there's no handy tree. a good spade head welded to a length of scaff tube can do the job sometimes. ram the spade in and get your wife to hang on the end,tie the rope on at ground level and start winching !either the van moves or the wife does !

Apache208D
10-11-2013, 20:53
Bought a set this morning. Hopefully they'll stay in the case for years to come.

I got some as well. I'm hoping mine stay clean. Thanks for the info.

Ironjaws
11-11-2013, 17:09
If you can't find any at Aldi or you're too far away these are available on Fleabay at the same price and free postage. Item 110978143451

exwindsurfer
12-11-2013, 15:30
Bought a set today hopefully i wont have to use them . I also bought a set of snow tyre in july they tend to be cheaper then looking forward to having them fitted the first sign of snow will fit then on my steel wheels and hopefully when it comes to change them back to my summer tyre ill have enough money for a set of alloys lol.

iveco4x4
12-11-2013, 20:59
Don't you just put it in 4 wheel drive and if really muddy, lock the rear and front diffs :wacko:

OK OK I'll get me coat........

Rich

exwindsurfer
12-11-2013, 21:40
Don't you just put it in 4 wheel drive and if really muddy, lock the rear and front diffs :wacko:

Rich

and so you should rich lolol

mark61
12-11-2013, 22:37

Rich

Show off. Not many 4x4's can do that. lol ;)

iveco4x4
12-11-2013, 22:46
I had a Tirfor,loved it as I often had to move heavy stuff,but in the van the cable took up too much room,so I went for a decent rope and a couple of pulley blocks,which more or less double effort.used effectively a car can pull a van ok. last time I used them was to drag a mini moke into the back of a Sprinter .easy ! as for using a winch,you can get or make a ground anchor if there's no handy tree. a good spade head welded to a length of scaff tube can do the job sometimes. ram the spade in and get your wife to hang on the end,tie the rope on at ground level and start winching !either the van moves or the wife does !

If anyone wants to try it I have a tirfor on ebay at the moment :wave:

iveco4x4
12-11-2013, 22:47
and so you should rich lolol

So now is not a good time to mention the 4 tonne winch on the front too just in case all else fails :hammer:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS