PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Here with My Little Pricker in my Hand

ivecotrucker
10-11-2013, 15:21
Strange bright light in the morning sky & at last stopped raining so went scrambling along coast path with step ladder & bucket for the last of this year's sloes. Not been a good sloe year down here, despite my bumper apple crop at home, but the few that are left are particularly large, juicy & almost semi-sweet.

All I want now is a gin tree; unfortunately it'll have to be Sainsbury's Worst @ 9 bottle. Roll on the 2015 vintage, if there's any left after the necessary intensive testing. I wonder what sloe+apple gin would be like ??.

n brown
10-11-2013, 15:26
Making Bathtub Gin | eHow (http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4779424_making-bathtub-gin.html) try not to go blind now

ivecotrucker
10-11-2013, 16:11
Making Bathtub Gin | eHow (http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4779424_making-bathtub-gin.html) try not to go blind now

What was that you said Mr Brown ?. I must have gone deaf (as well).

P.s. now read your Link, Thanks. You've still got to buy taxed alchohol here in UK though. Now lets see: sugar, water, yeast & a few feet of copper piping - should work ?.

mariesnowgoose
10-11-2013, 16:53
You should stop reading those pipework enlargement emails, iveco ;) :D

RoadTrek Boy
10-11-2013, 17:21

So, it's you that sends them is it Marie, how did you get my email add......:wacko:

Colin

Gemani2
10-11-2013, 17:40
Don't forget..when the sloe gin is ready, take out the sloes, drain and pat dry, cover in chocolate...yummy chocolate liqueurs! But watch the stones

ivecotrucker
10-11-2013, 17:43
Don't forget..when the sloe gin is ready, take out the sloes, drain and pat dry, cover in chocolate...yummy chocolate liqueurs! But watch the stones

Interesting idea Gemini. I've tried various by-product uses for gin-steeped sloes over the years but never with much success; too many damn stones.

ivecotrucker
10-11-2013, 17:44

Why enlarge perfection ?.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS