PDA

View Full Version : Best use of a spare Digi View Camera on my Hymer

Siimplyloco
11-11-2013, 19:34
I took the Trailer Vision Digi-view wireless rear view camera (6 months old) off the Fleetwood when I sold it, and I am looking for a use for it our LHD Hymer, which already has a reversing camera, and a rear window which I can see out of fairly easily.

It struck me that I could hang it on the lower RH mirror mounting bar, looking slightly down and forward, and then I (might) get a better view of oncoming traffic. Maneuvering the thing in tight spaces last weekend showed that I also need to see the RH lower front corner of the vehicle!

Question: I need to find a power point for the camera, possibly from the heated mirror feed, but is it a constant feed, or dependent on outside temperature?
Unless you have other suggestions of course......
Thanks in advance.
John

Kontiki
11-11-2013, 19:45
On our van the heated mirrors work from a switch on the dashboard. They are something I find I very raely use, you could use the wiring to power the camera if yours is the same but you would have o sacrifice the heating of the mirrors.

witzend
11-11-2013, 20:24
I've one on my redundant status tv aerial mast so when inside with screens up I can still have a good look around outside

Siimplyloco
11-11-2013, 20:26
I've one on my redundant status tv aerial mast so when inside with screens up I can still have a good look around outside

Run silent, run deep......

Smaug
11-11-2013, 20:28
Heated mirrors are often driven by the rear screen defrost so it is not a permanent live. I ran a feed from the aux on my ignition so that the rear view camera came on when driving & acts as a rear view mirror. But then, my rear window is frosted cos it is the bathroom window,

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS