PDA

View Full Version : Snowbirds on the way home

snowbirds
12-11-2013, 14:13
Hi all,

We have driven up from Vierzon to Chartres today after a few days on Aires. Chartres has no Aires so have found a site that closes on Friday but from the weather coming up there were quite a few flooded areas and the rain has been constant all the way.There are only two camper vans on the site and a couple of static type tourers.It sounds like the Snowgoose has nicked all the Hot Spots from us.We have started to use the gas fire but have just topped up the Gasit again to keep us going till Blighty.:dance::dance::sleep-040::sleep-040:

regards Snowbirds.

mariesnowgoose
12-11-2013, 14:52
he he :D

wee red bistro
12-11-2013, 15:22
Use the site in Chartres a lot on the way up and down France. Nice riverside walk into town which is great to walk around and there are plenty of reasonable places to eat. WiFi access is good and free near reception.

invalid
12-11-2013, 15:53
I must admit I am very envious of your travels, I am booked in for a total knee replacement before Christmas, so with any luck six to eight weeks later I will be able to drive, all be warned mad English man on country roads in France.

mariesnowgoose
12-11-2013, 15:56
I must admit I am very envious of your travels, I am booked in for a total knee replacement before Christmas, so with any luck six to eight weeks later I will be able to drive, all be warned mad English man on country roads in France.

You should fit in very well with the French drivers - in fact, they'll probably think you're a native! :raofl:

invalid
12-11-2013, 16:01
You should fit in very well with the French drivers - in fact, they'll probably think you're a native! :raofl:

When we went to Belgium, I wear a hat and bowtie, everyone commented on my excellent English, I didnít have the heart to tell them.

mariesnowgoose
12-11-2013, 16:35
Bien sur, Monsieur Poirot :raofl:

snowbirds
12-11-2013, 16:37
Hi invalid,

Thanks for you interest,have only been doing it since retirement,If you have any problems with the knee problems I have a couple of mates down in the smoke that do a line in Knee jobs.

Regards Snowbirds.:scared::ninja::wave::wave:

mariesnowgoose
12-11-2013, 16:38
Hi invalid,

Thanks for you interest,have only been doing it since retirement,If you have any problems with the knee problems I have a couple of mates down in the smoke that do a line in Knee jobs.

Is that the street where all the big American bikes are parked ;) :D

snowbirds
12-11-2013, 17:02
Hi MSG,

My mates only used Mk2 Jaguars in the 60's.

Snowbirds.

Is that the street where all the big American bikes are parked ;) :D

invalid
12-11-2013, 19:29
Hi invalid,

Thanks for the offer, but the surgeons nicked my kneecap nearly 30 years ago, am looking forward to having two legs the same length, but Iíll probably feel land sick standing up straight and not rolling from side to side

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS