PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Spain?

Beemer
14-11-2013, 09:51
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I really have not got the time to look through all the posts just in case it has.
I thought it quite important and a relevant issue, even though the solar panel issue is to do with houses.
Spain's solar stupidity | Business Spectator (http://www.businessspectator.com.au/article/2013/8/21/solar-energy/spains-solar-stupidity)
I have a brother who has just settled in Spain and he asked me to fit solar panels to his house he is doing up... I guess that is 'out of the window' now..:(

Kryten
14-11-2013, 10:06
I hope this stupid law doesn't apply to M/H's where you must connect to an outlet whilst parked so that your batteries can be drained into the national grid. Don't let Osbourne see this or he will get ideas.

I am joking but the Spanish law is actually self defeating and will create major problems, both civil and with energy supply, in a country that is already on it's knees.

kenspain
14-11-2013, 10:06
I have just finish helping a friend fit panels to his house in the country where there is no power anywhere for this we did have to get permission from Alicante which he got and the lot to run his two bedroom house came to 510 euros. But I do agree with you getting very silly over here now.:wave:

Kryten
14-11-2013, 15:15
What you say is true except for people that have installed solar panels or maybe wind turbines without subsidies from a government. Is it fair that people that stand the full cost of generating their own power then have to give some of it back without being reimbursed?

rugbyken
14-11-2013, 20:05

BrianG
14-11-2013, 20:07
Surely in a time when the whole world is talking about global warming, the shortage of fossil fuels etc, anybody who can manage to become self sufficient in pwering there own home should have all obstacles removed to aid them in doing so. No planning consent, no building regs, nothing!

iveco4x4
14-11-2013, 22:37
Like many things, the technology allows us now to start de-centralizing these things, the grid may be an old fashioned way of doing thngs. Communities should be more engaged in how their power is generated and then you would see energy saving and acceptance of other forms of power generation but we are told big is best and thats no longer true, the grid loses 40% of power generated.

Spain is looking at the short term gain, not the long term loses, its imported power requirements are going to go up causing it even more problems with its balance of payments but thats what you get with a right wing government like spains and ours who want to give money to big business rather than recognise that the world is changing

Rich

iveco4x4
14-11-2013, 22:38

shawbags
15-11-2013, 00:50
this is tipical ,the government will never allow people to become self seficiant ,no sooner people start to pull away from being governed they jump on you with another tax and as already said will they jump on people with solar on thier motorhomes ,this really gets my goat,its times like this when everyone should stand up and say NO! , what next tax fresh air !.

Firefox
15-11-2013, 01:05
Crazy law I agree, but we have some advantages. Try connecting panels on your motorhome roof to the grid!

Tony Lee
15-11-2013, 01:17

shawbags
15-11-2013, 01:27
What?

For heaven's sake, just look around you and see that everything is paid for by people who do not necessarily use them.

What about roads that non-drivers help pay for, libraries that non-readers help pay for, buses that are subsidised by non-passengers, health system that healthy people help pay for, bike paths that non-riders help pay for, parks, railways, fire brigade etc etc

Worse situation in my view is the crazy situation in germany and in parts of Australia where home solar generation is paid for at several times the normal rate and everyone else gets to pay more for their electricity to give a windfall to those who were in a position to install panels on their roof.

This is all getting a bit too much for me :cry: i can feel a breakdown coming on :sleep-040: ,again :lol-049: , i though i was close last week when i found my shoes in the fridge whilst looking for my tool set :lol-049: ,anybody got any of them yampy pills ,giz some :bow: :lol-049:.

Beemer
15-11-2013, 12:53
There are some people who think the armed forces do not pay for food and accomodation... they do. They pay income tax too, and in Germany we paid a community charge (council tax), what for, I did not know. So the armed forces assist in paying themselves...:rolleyes2:

Kontiki
15-11-2013, 16:58
Hope they don't start getting ideas here about the solar FIT's, just coming to the end of our third year & well on track to recover my installation costs within the next 6 to 7 years.

shawbags
15-11-2013, 21:36
People are upset with our government for all different reasons but in general its because the less well off always seem to suffer ,if people decide to run thier own home without the national grid ect they should be free to do so ,if people have had enough they should be left alone to make a better life for themselves and not be taxed for doing it ,as for taxing people for using greener energy it just goes to show how stupid this world has become,its all down to greed .

Beemer
15-11-2013, 21:41
Yup!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS