PDA

View Full Version : Another attempt to stop motorhome parking!

REC
15-11-2013, 09:12
Just spotted a small article in local paper that the UKIP councillor is trying to get overnight campervan parking banned from Herne Bay seafront. Suggesting a section of carpark to be made into designated area with showers etc. I live on the seafront and have NEVER seen any "problem" vans parked there. Most people stay a night or two...dont even get rubbish that I have noticed. What is the matter with these blinkered idiots? About to email the council with my views! Now...if it was the jetskiers there was a complaint about........ many of them leave rubbish, BBqs smouldering on the beach, pollute the air and peace and hog the beach as swimming is banned for long stretches! .....:mad1:

REC
15-11-2013, 09:34
Just spoken to the parking department of the coucil. They had not even heard of the debate, and had not been aware of any campervan issues on Herne Bay seafront! The lady encouraged me to write to the "transport department" and voice my concerns. I am hoping that the councillors will actually speak to the parking department before deciding there is a problem based on "one or two" complaints!!

Seannachie
15-11-2013, 10:23
Just spotted a small article in local paper that the UKIP councillor is trying to get overnight campervan parking banned from Herne Bay seafront. Suggesting a section of carpark to be made into designated area with showers etc. I live on the seafront and have NEVER seen any "problem" vans parked there. Most people stay a night or two...dont even get rubbish that I have noticed. What is the matter with these blinkered idiots? About to email the council with my views! Now...if it was the jetskiers there was a complaint about........ many of them leave rubbish, BBqs smouldering on the beach, pollute the air and peace and hog the beach as swimming is banned for long stretches! .....:mad1:

UKIP representatives will say almost anything to garner votes but I doubt that many people take them seriously. I visit Herne Bay regularly and have never noted any problem there caused by motor-caravanners, but jet-skiers, yes, I agree with you, as most of them seem to be nothing other than a bunch of louts with too much money to waste on their silly machines with which they annoy everyone else.

REC
15-11-2013, 11:02
Reply from transport dept...apparently it is going out for public consultation in January 2014 so will put my 2pennorth in then also. Might email the UKIP chap who is probably concerned that we will have a load of aliens parked all along the seafront, :scared: or some other nonsense! Since does not say what his objection actually is, he is obviously trying to find a political standpoint...wont get my vote for this one!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS