PDA

View Full Version : Home at Last

herbenny
17-11-2013, 17:43

runnach
17-11-2013, 17:59
Finally got home after a weekend up north picking up the new van 18595. We are both really pleased with it and although we did get paperwork there are so many questions to ask.

For instance we will be parking it up for the next month or so as we have some jobs to do on it we are apparently going to have some bad weather here for the next week or so, so my questions is do we drain the water completely ?? we drained the waste water and the main water supply but not sure if this was the right thing to do or not ??

The solar panel is a mystery to us I know its wired to the leisure battery but there is no control panel ?? so have not got a clue how much charge etc

There is a alarm but we don't know how to get it working ??

We both feeling a bit knackered :sleep-040: overwhelmed :confused: but excited :banana:to finally have the van home at last.

PS sorry my questions don't make sense .......perhaps we need to get some sleep our journey took nine hours aaaaarrrrggghhh !!!

Grande looking MH, Jac. We need internal pics asap. Chuck some up on solar setup, there should be a controller somewhere?

Aye, drain the water, I spent most of today chopping wood for stove, cold spell, bring it on!! :ninja:

Cheers.........

helmit
17-11-2013, 17:59
Finally got home after a weekend up north picking up the new van 18595. We are both really pleased with it and although we did get paperwork there are so many questions to ask.

For instance we will be parking it up for the next month or so as we have some jobs to do on it we are apparently going to have some bad weather here for the next week or so, so my questions is do we drain the water completely ?? we drained the waste water and the main water supply but not sure if this was the right thing to do or not ??

The solar panel is a mystery to us I know its wired to the leisure battery but there is no control panel ?? so have not got a clue how much charge etc

There is a alarm but we don't know how to get it working ??

We both feeling a bit knackered :sleep-040: overwhelmed :confused: but excited :banana:to finally have the van home at last.

PS sorry my questions don't make sense .......perhaps we need to get some sleep our journey took nine hours aaaaarrrrggghhh !!!

Hi jac if you think there's gonna be a frost you will need to drain down all the water. It looks like you have a carver cascade water heater the drain plug for that is on the bottom left I believe hope this helps. Jim.

oldish hippy
17-11-2013, 18:09
correct take out the plug and put it in the sink dont lose the black rubber oring as that what it say in the manual by putting it in the sink you will find it easier and wont forget where you put it have done mine jim it in the sink dont forget to turn off water pump as it will come out at great rate of knots

maingate
17-11-2013, 18:09
It looks the same layout as the Elddis Autoquest we had. There will be a drain tap under the rear lounge cushion (near the hot water heater) and in the wardrobe. If you have a separate flush tank for the toilet you might want to drain that down as well.

We had no problems with our van and I hope you are as lucky. ;)

MORGANTHEMOON
17-11-2013, 18:18
Similar to ours jac and it's looking good.

Wooie1958
17-11-2013, 18:21
Once you`ve drained the Tank and the Water heater don`t forget to drain the taps and lines.

Open the taps up and let the Water Pump run until it`s all come out, turn off the Water Pump and Leave All The Taps Open.

The little bit of water left that is the system ( there will be some ) has somewhere to expand to if it freezes.

Put a container under each tap to catch any drips.

n brown
17-11-2013, 18:58
well done Jac,your xmas really has come early !

GinaRon
17-11-2013, 19:17
looks very nice - cannot help with practical solutions (I don't do technical/practical) but we wish you many happy hours of travelling and wildcamping
:drive: :camper: :wave:

witzend
17-11-2013, 21:21
Well done glad you got it. Did you get to master that Double Skillet

yorkieowl
18-11-2013, 07:05
Nice van, bet you can't wait to get out in it. I too would drain down, but on our autoquest I never bothered, and never had problems, my present van freezes the pipes at anything below about -5, so I do it early cos I'd forget otherwise.

herbenny
18-11-2013, 15:13

helmit
18-11-2013, 15:22
Thank you all for your advice its much appreciated and yes Nigel I woke up this morning and could just make out the top of the van from my window and thought all my Christmases and Birthdays had come all at once :)

We both had the day off today to finally put all the stuff in the van and then drove round to get some bits and pieces for it.
We then took it to the place where we are going to store it during the week and where we can stay at weekends if we choose to however no doubt we will be off at every opportunity.

So looking forward to out first trip .......:drive:

oh and one more question please any ideas the best way to that greeny stuff off the sky light it spoils my view of the sky :rolleyes:

Chuck Paul on top with a bucket of hot water and a sponge :lol-049:

herbenny
18-11-2013, 15:40

GinaRon
18-11-2013, 16:07
Thank you all for your advice its much appreciated and yes Nigel I woke up this morning and could just make out the top of the van from my window and thought all my Christmases and Birthdays had come all at once :)

We both had the day off today to finally put all the stuff in the van and then drove round to get some bits and pieces for it.
We then took it to the place where we are going to store it during the week and where we can stay at weekends if we choose to however no doubt we will be off at every opportunity.

So looking forward to out first trip .......:drive:

oh and one more question please any ideas the best way to that greeny stuff off the sky light it spoils my view of the sky :rolleyes:

I used non bleach kitchen wipes on the side windows in Freda our Ford Transit Camper Van - I watched a programme on Sat TV on the information channel which told you, to be careful what you used. The wipes did the trick for me - you could always goggle it just to make sure. :pc: :wave:

Firefox
18-11-2013, 16:15
So glad you got the van, Jac, and fingers crossed this will be the right one for you :goodluck:

oldish hippy
18-11-2013, 16:17
sso when the first trip out let us all know so we wont disturb you as you will be so excited you wont sleep and will keeps us all awake lol

yorkslass
18-11-2013, 20:37
roll on summer:camper:

Brian the snail
18-11-2013, 22:20
Well done, looks great :fun: you will have great fun getting to know it. Pics of solar controller would be helpful.
On our van the roof lights (3 heki and 2 vent covers) were awful, covered in algae and pine needles from being stored under a Pine tree. Ladder against the side of the van (used 22mm pipe insulation over the ladder frame to protect the van). Used hot soapy water and scrubbed with a nail brush and toothbrush, came off suprising easy with a little soak. Did the Heki framework from inside the van using a large folding step that we carry for cleaning the windscreens, for the bathroom I protected the shower tray with plywood. Our van roof cannot take any weight but if yours can you could climb on, personally I prefer not to.

Clive

herbenny
19-11-2013, 07:12

runnach
19-11-2013, 09:16
Flashing light may be something to do with solar ie; the controller?

n brown
19-11-2013, 09:17
or the cops in your rear view mirror

runnach
19-11-2013, 11:05
Or an Alien?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS