PDA

View Full Version : early end to a lovely trip

bikerrf900
22-11-2013, 22:58
This morning i was sat with the wife watching seals fish at the kyle of tongue north coast scotland, snow on the surounding mountains freezing but brilliant, we had gone up friday before, first stop amulree glen almond, 2nd braemaron the a93, 3rd noss head at wick. 4th dunnet head, 5th strathy bay at strathy, 6th altnaharra, then up to tongue truly stunning place, me and the wife were set to continue on to durness and on down the west coast, unfortunately my son rang to tell me how he had got on in court {divorce} hes been trying to get access to the children for ten months, today the judge gave his ex an extended non molestation order he and we can not see the children, and as if that was not enough he has to pay her legal fees 3986,50p. British justice, a f--king joke. sadly resulting in me and wife my son my parents and my inlaws not seeing my lovely grand daughter 9, and my little grandson 5, There is something truly wrong in the society we live in when families are kept apart, sorry about the rant just had to let of steam,

TWS
22-11-2013, 23:06
I'm sorry to hear this I can only imagine the emotions your son & family are feeling as to not see your own children must be torture. Ultimately the children loose out ! I hope one day that this can all be resolved ! Take care Tom

runnach
22-11-2013, 23:12
This morning i was sat with the wife watching seals fish at the kyle of tongue north coast scotland, snow on the surounding mountains freezing but brilliant, we had gone up friday before, first stop amulree glen almond, 2nd braemaron the a93, 3rd noss head at wick. 4th dunnet head, 5th strathy bay at strathy, 6th altnaharra, then up to tongue truly stunning place, me and the wife were set to continue on to durness and on down the west coast, unfortunately my son rang to tell me how he had got on in court {divorce} hes been trying to get access to the children for ten months, today the judge gave his ex an extended non molestation order he and we can not see the children, and as if that was not enough he has to pay her legal fees 3986,50p. British justice, a f--king joke. sadly resulting in me and wife my son my parents and my inlaws not seeing my lovely grand daughter 9, and my little grandson 5, There is something truly wrong in the society we live in when families are kept apart, sorry about the rant just had to let of steam,

I feel the pain for those all concerned, if your son works, maybe better he goes on dole, at least this would cover court fees or, If he were from Jordan, fee would be paid, this country is ****ed!!

Tbear
23-11-2013, 06:37
As a grandparent I can understand how upset you are but. "the judge gave his ex an extended non molestation order" Begs the question why?

Richard

kenspain
23-11-2013, 07:02

I know just what your going through when my X went 15 years ago and moved in with my daughter they done the same to me, I have not seen my grandkids for 12 years I spent nearly 3000 pound trying, one of my grandson is 5 and never seen him but one day I am hoping that I will meet them again, with Christmas coming up is not a very good time for me thinking of them, One thing you could do is get advice about Grandparent's rights this might help you, Please don't do what I did and that's gave up trying. Best of luck to you and your son hope it works out.

whitevanwoman
23-11-2013, 07:55
Really sorry for you, whatever the circumstances with your son, it's very unfair for the rest of the family, and also for the children not to have any contact with any of the extended family.

Not quite the same, but when my sister and her 7 year old daughter moved to Australia 7 years ago, it was like a bereavement for me, and also for my mum, as my niece is her only grandchild. I had so looked forward to being an aunty and doing all the aunty things with my niece as she grew up, especially not having children myself, and to lose that and not be part of their lives has been very very hard. And it has made Christmas very difficult, especially as Mum's alzheimers symptoms over the past 5 years or so have made it very difficult to spend more than a couple of hours with her on my own - in fact, I dread Christmas now because of the loneliness and seeing so many families enjoying themselves and knowing that my days of a family christmas are long since gone, and because of the guilt of not being able to cope with spending the day on my own with my mum.

I really hope there may be some way that through mediation you may be able to come to an arrangement to have access to your grandchildren, for their sake as well as yours. Perhaps when the high emotions stirred up by the court case have settled down, there may be a way for this to happen.

Perhaps you could start keeping a scrap book of your travels in your van so that you can pass it on to the children or save it for when they are older so that they will know that they have always been in your thoughts.

Hugs.

How long ago that sunny weekend on Walney now seems!

yorkslass
23-11-2013, 08:00
how awful for you. I can"t imagine how you must feel, but as others have said, don"t give up hope or trying.

Geoffiat
23-11-2013, 08:29
Family courts in this country are a complete joke.

It has cost me 15,500 in legal fees for the right to see my OWN children.

After 5 court appearances the end result was absolutely nothing, nada, sweet f a.

mandrake
23-11-2013, 08:55
sorry to hear about your problems ,i understand fully as we and our daughter have gone through a 2 year battle over her kids and our grand kids

oldish hippy
23-11-2013, 10:09
lkikewise all the best with it ok do appeall it and if the worse come to the worse go for supervised contact it availble and ok it not the same but at least you get to see them if only for a hour or two

vindiboy
23-11-2013, 12:31
I understand that there are such things as Grandparents rights in law, perhaps you should seek advice ,if you haven't already , sad day ,good luck .

ray
23-11-2013, 13:37
Hi.

We were in the same boat when our son parted from his wife and they were divorced. We had the "Arsey" bit when any stumbling block was set to make things difficult, but! time moves on she remarried and now can't wait to let us see the grand kids so she can do stuff with her new husband, the little one is in the kitchen now getting pound coins out of the change jar as I write this...:rolleyes2: bless him...

She is even letting him come over to the Algarve with us on the 25th of Dec for a week with our son and partner to stay in the van, I am in the UK until next Sat for a funeral and will fly back then, wifey says it is a bit chilly and raining at the moment in Portugal so she has gone out to buy an electric fire for the van to keep her and fat dog warm, I have gone on the "Chicken Run" camp site so she will be safe while I am away, we have been on the road since last April done 18K miles in 17 countries so far, but one thing we have done is see the grandkids more than we do at home... Get Skype it's better than sliced bread.

ray

Seahorse
23-11-2013, 16:33
I only know what I have read on this thread, and the op said, Judge extended the non molestation order. Does this not suggest that there is more to this than we know!

Very sad for Grandparents and others that miss their Grandchildren. However I wonder what the comments would be if a court granted access and then something dreadful happened, I suspect a lot on here would be singing from a different hymn sheet

I hope it gets sorted so that Father and Grandparents get to see Children, but only when it is considered that Children are safe.

gholt417
23-11-2013, 20:44
Ironically I work (voluntary) within the Judiciary and unfortunately been on the receiving end with an ex partner not letting me see my daughter from birth. That changed when my daughter found out who she was when she was a teenager, and we had a difficult relationship until she met a nice chap and settled down. She gave me three wonderful grandchildren but then went off the rails, dumped her partner and cut all ties with me.

Its hard going through it all again but sometime life is just unfair and bad things happen.

I know the above helps nobody but I do feel for the OP.

Graham

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS