PDA

View Full Version : Wales for the weekend

Sharon the Cat
25-11-2013, 12:16
We want to pop into Wales for a weekend in a couple of weeks time. Ceredigion looked good but they've apparently now put up no sleeping overnight signs in the car parks. Llangaron also looked favourable but the Ship Inn has changed hands and the latest Trip Advisor review is not good.

We would be able to leave Hereford about 5pm on the Friday so don't really want a 3 hour or so drive. Quite happy to make a stop for the night part way. What I would really like is to be able to park by a beach on the Saturday night where we could walk the dogs, maybe near a pub so Phill could buy me dinner.

Any tips for us???

MORGANTHEMOON
25-11-2013, 13:15
We want to pop into Wales for a weekend in a couple of weeks time. Ceredigion looked good but they've apparently now put up no sleeping overnight signs in the car parks. Llangaron also looked favourable but the Ship Inn has changed hands and the latest Trip Advisor review is not good.

We would be able to leave Hereford about 5pm on the Friday so don't really want a 3 hour or so drive. Quite happy to make a stop for the night part way. What I would really like is to be able to park by a beach on the Saturday night where we could walk the dogs, maybe near a pub so Phill could buy me dinner.

Any tips for us???

Aberearon is quite good you can park on the seafront and stroll around the corner into town.

Sharon the Cat
25-11-2013, 13:42
Thanks Haydn it's an area we love but I'm worried about the signs.

Hi

The following Ceredigion carparks all have the following: "Overnight sleeping, cooking or camping strictly forbidden and will result in prosecution":

CU New Quay
CU Abereron
LU Aberystwyth
CU Aberystwyth

I think they probably need to come off the POI's!

Regards

Alan

Wooie1958
25-11-2013, 13:50
Thanks Haydn it's an area we love but I'm worried about the signs.

Hi Sharon

I`ve just had a look and the 4 in the link are not on the latest POI`s

CU New Quay
CU Abereron
LU Aberystwyth
CU Aberystwyth

Have you got the latest ( October ) update ?

Sharon the Cat
25-11-2013, 13:57
Hi Sharon

Have you got the latest ( October ) update ?

I have problems with the POIs because I can't install Google Earth on my PC I have to load them onto Phill's tablet and it's a pain. I realised they had probably gone when I saw the post about the signs.

philm
25-11-2013, 17:20
Head for newgale the pub would probs let you park their just across road onto beach 2 miles long and the pub does good food, also not far from st davids think you can also park next to beach at aberieddy.

Gemani2
25-11-2013, 18:19
Angle...by the beach, pubs and shop..., freshwaterwest for stunning views, dale..beach etc

frontslide
25-11-2013, 19:06
Its really nice here:)
CR Porth Clais (Pembroke) could stop here on the way CU Cenarth (Ceredigion)

kev and kim
25-11-2013, 20:06

Any tips for us???

ceredigion and pembrokeshire have alot of what u r looking for ,and parked up for the nite,if you,re down this way give llangrannog alook.Start from aberaeron and work along the coastline.Enjoy yourselfs where ever u end up.

Sharon the Cat
26-11-2013, 08:33
Angle...by the beach, pubs and shop..., freshwaterwest for stunning views, dale..beach etc

Just checked out Google maps. This looks nice.
If we stop on the way Friday night we could check out Freshwater West & Angle on the Saturday.

MORGANTHEMOON
26-11-2013, 08:39
I would strongly recomend the Point inn East Angle.

I stayed at the Point in East Angle Bay Pembrokeshire recently and it was superb.

Great location overlooking the sea and beach, Great landlord and great food.

Sharon the Cat
26-11-2013, 09:29
I would strongly recomend the Point inn East Angle.

I stayed at the Point in East Angle Bay Pembrokeshire recently and it was superb.

Great location overlooking the sea and beach, Great landlord and great food.

Sounds like it could be the venue for my birthday dinner then. Thanks Haydn.

Can you stay overnight in the car park by the pub?

MORGANTHEMOON
26-11-2013, 09:35

Here's an idea for a stopover to and from West Wales.

The White Hart (http://www.thebestpubinwales.co.uk/)

Stayed there myself brill pub.

Also look in here.

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/groups/wales-group-d19-pub-stopovers.html

Sharon the Cat
26-11-2013, 09:54
Spoilt for choice:D

Gemani2
26-11-2013, 15:59

Can you stay overnight in the car park by the pub?

Yes see Rob the landlord, he's fine with overnighting, we used to eat in the point a lot but very expensive now for pub grub( 2.50 for portion of chips that you could count in one hand) we recently tried the Hibernian, food was fab so we stayed at West angle bay overlooking the beach, better sunsets and no power station ....wish I was there now!

See a thread I posted back early in the summer

http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-motorhome-chat/29654-stunning-weekend.html

Sharon the Cat
06-12-2013, 20:36
Sitting in the White Hart at Llanddarog. Their own beer and cider is excellent. So good I just saw a big white rabbit in the car park.
Lovely family run the pub. Only downside is no dogs in the pub but we can respect that.
:cheers:
:dog:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS