PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Girona

Davsal
25-11-2013, 20:29
Hi everyone,
Me and Sally are planning a trip to Girona next summer. We are planning to take three or four days to drive down. Any suggestions for stopovers? Avoid toll roads if possible. Pretty little villages would be lovely. Maybe four or five hours each day. A big ask but I am sure that if anyone can suggest a route, then this is the place to find one! Cheers in advance. Dave

chrisinbrighton
25-11-2013, 21:52
If you have got Girona I should visit a doctor ,Oh no that's something similar lol

wee red bistro
25-11-2013, 22:22
Chartres can be on the way and is a great town with lots of interest around the river and cathedral and possibilities for overnighting. Then try Souillac in the Dordogne. Lots of great places just on French side of border but maybe hard to wildcamp there in summer, e.g. Collioure. There is an aire at Port Vendres though.
Have fun!

madbluemad
27-11-2013, 20:00
Chartres can be on the way and is a great town with lots of interest around the river and cathedral and possibilities for overnighting. Then try Souillac in the Dordogne. Lots of great places just on French side of border but maybe hard to wildcamp there in summer, e.g. Collioure. There is an aire at Port Vendres though.
Have fun!

I would also recommend Charters. You can overnight by the River. Right next door to an ACSI Camp Site.

iampatman
27-11-2013, 20:42
Have fun!

We stopped at the Aire in Port-Vendres a couple of weeks ago it was 5.50 a night but more in the summer. But it was pretty busy then and I reckon you'd have to get there early in the day in summer to get a spot. We parked for an hour or so at the site at the top of Collioure, it's larger than Port-Vendres but a tasty walk to get anywhere.

Davsal
27-11-2013, 20:53
Thanks for the tips. Looks like first night is Chatres, Sally has fallen in love with the mosaic house. Night one sorted. Now onto night two. Cheers. Dave

Airecraft
28-11-2013, 09:53
+1 for Souillac - choice of parking in free aire in town or 1km outside on banks of Dordogne (https://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=souillac&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=44.891505,1.456981&spn=0.00087,0.001725&sll=53.369764,-3.18128&sspn=0.02325,0.055189&t=h&hnear=Souillac,+Lot,+Midi-Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es,+France&z=19) and close to your route. For night 3, we stayed here (http://www.airedestcyprienlatourbaselne.fr/topic/index.html)for 12E including electricity & wifi.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS