PDA

View Full Version : Travel insurance

Tezza
29-11-2013, 12:11
Im looking for annual travel insurance i have a pre existing condition ( a stent fitted ) . For Europe... but most seem to limit the trip to 31 days. Southdowns have quoted me 66.00 and thats for us as a couple. which is great but ideally would like trips maybe to be a bit longer. Anybody know any others?. Thank you

Sharon the Cat
29-11-2013, 12:59
Having a history of multiple knee ops & a slipped disc I find Saga quite good.
Got to be an old(ish) git though.

Tezza
29-11-2013, 13:07
Having a history of multiple knee ops & a slipped disc I find Saga quite good.
Got to be an old(ish) git though.
Hahahaha....so i qualify lol:wacko:

Sharon the Cat
29-11-2013, 13:27
Even Saga have their restrictions though. My father has an unfortunate cancer history, coupled with the fact that both he and my mother are in the doctor's surgery on a regular basis for this and that. He can get insurance with Saga, has failed elsewhere, but only if he is on a Saga holiday. You could have your motorhome sign-written with their name & logo maybe?

snowbirds
29-11-2013, 14:12
Hi Tezza,

We changed to Liverpool & Victoria this year and got a good deal on line with some medical problems.

Snowbirds.

Im looking for annual travel insurance i have a pre existing condition ( a stent fitted ) . For Europe... but most seem to limit the trip to 31 days. Southdowns have quoted me 66.00 and thats for us as a couple. which is great but ideally would like trips maybe to be a bit longer. Anybody know any others?. Thank you

rebbyvid
29-11-2013, 14:19
Dont know if they restrict your time abroad but i have used these a few times and i have 2 stents and other bits :rolleyes2:
Medical Travel Insurance, Travel Insurance Over 65 - goodtogoinsurance.com (http://www.goodtogoinsurance.com/?gclid=CJezz_qkirsCFdHItAodyVAAIA)

rebbyvid
29-11-2013, 14:23
Just checked and single trips are 94 days
Rob

Tezza
29-11-2013, 15:07
Just checked and single trips are 94 days
Rob
thaat sounds really good....im not 65 though ( for a little while) is this just for over 65's?

Solwaybuggier
29-11-2013, 15:12
We've been looking at longer single trip cover rather than annual, but someone suggested Insure & Go. ( Travel Insurance and Holiday Insurance from InsureandGo (http://www.insureandgo.com/travel-insurance/travelhome.html) ) Their site implies they are pretty flexible - but then it would, wouldn't it? Might be worth checking out, though.

rebbyvid
29-11-2013, 15:57
thaat sounds really good....im not 65 though ( for a little while) is this just for over 65's?

No any age, also used insure and go earlier on this year.

stonedaddy
29-11-2013, 16:25
Dont know if they restrict your time abroad but i have used these a few times and i have 2 stents and other bits :rolleyes2:
Medical Travel Insurance, Travel Insurance Over 65 - goodtogoinsurance.com (http://www.goodtogoinsurance.com/?gclid=CJezz_qkirsCFdHItAodyVAAIA)

They should charge you extra Rob if you are taking two tents as well :o ..
.... Tom ....

rebbyvid
29-11-2013, 18:51
They do Tom :lol-053:

kernowprickles
29-11-2013, 19:26
We used Staysure, as they were one of the few companies that would cover us. The rest didn't want to know; we hadn't realised how decrepit we are!!

Travel insurance over 50s 65s 70s medical conditions covered (http://www.staysure.co.uk/travel-insurance)

Sadly, they are not cheap, and it cost us over 600 for 2 months, just for France. This year, we are seriously thinking of going armed with only our EHIC cards, and keeping our fingers crossed. We will probably only be in Brittany, and I her they have a brilliant hospital at Pontivvy.

Good luck with your search!

KP

barryd
30-11-2013, 08:00
This year, we are seriously thinking of going armed with only our EHIC cards, and keeping our fingers crossed. We will probably only be in Brittany, and I her they have a brilliant hospital at Pontivvy.

Good luck with your search!

KP

I understand that it must be a worry if you have certain conditions already but I do wonder if travel insurance is really worth it these days. In the last two years both Mrs D and I were both unfortunate enough to need hospital treatment. Hers in Italy last year involved a trip to one hospital emergency where she was treated followed by being transferred to another hospital in an ambulance (with me chasing it through the alps) to another. Treatment was fantastic and cost. Zero.

Same in France this year when I had to go, again in an ambulance. Cost. Zero.

Ok so if you need to be repatriated but I hear stories of peoples van insurance providing drivers for those that cannot drive. I think the only thing thats going to break the bank is if you croak and want your body flown back. Could be over 25K. I have given Mrs D strict instructions to just bury, or scatter me on an Alp or something.

glenboy
06-12-2013, 19:22
Try Columbus Direct I got a good quote from them with options of 31 or 94 days. That's with a pre existing heart condition

wineciccio
06-12-2013, 21:50
Try Staysure, I have had 3 stens fitted and I'm on medication for thyroid/blood pressure and the dreaded cholesterol but I have never had problems with them , I can go for 3 months or more. 2 months this year touring Europe , me and the wife 132 for both.:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

welshrarebit
07-12-2013, 08:12
Staysure for us, 240 for 7 months France, Spain, Portugal.
pre-existing conditions of Tez allowed for.
Got frightened of the cost of repatriation costs so coughed up so to speak.
Saved the cost of that many times using aires.

Tezza
07-12-2013, 17:33
Thanks for all the replies...time to start phonig now and see what i can get.thanks for all the info.

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS