PDA

View Full Version : Advent Calendar

Admin
29-11-2013, 17:45
I am guessing that this would suit a few of our members!

Siimplyloco
29-11-2013, 17:57
If the makers restored the stuff to 5.2% then perhaps it might!
Currently 4.8% and getting close to gnats p**
John

kernowprickles
29-11-2013, 19:34
How about THIS for the NON-beerdrinkers?? :cheers::cheers:

Randonneur
29-11-2013, 19:37
I'll take em both, have to strengthen the mantlepiece though!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

barryd
29-11-2013, 20:11
If the makers restored the stuff to 5.2% then perhaps it might!
Currently 4.8% and getting close to gnats p**
John

Yeah whats going on with Beer. Stella, Kronenbourg etc all down to 4.8%, Even Mrs D's M&S Cocktails down from 11% to 8%!

British beer (and its made here) is now completely pish. The imported stuff is ok but costs a bomb. I only drink Leffe Blonde now at 6.6% but for some reason it doubles in price when it crossed the channel.

Randonneur
29-11-2013, 20:20
Yeah whats going on with Beer. Stella, Kronenbourg etc all down to 4.8%, Even Mrs D's M&S Cocktails down from 11% to 8%!

British beer (and its made here) is now completely pish. The imported stuff is ok but costs a bomb. I only drink Leffe Blonde now at 6.6% but for some reason it doubles in price when it crossed the channel.

Probably trying to get rid of the "wifebeater" reputation. :scared: :scared: :scared:

kernowprickles
29-11-2013, 20:23
This would be really good if the bottles weren't so blooming small!!

trevskoda
29-11-2013, 20:50
This would be really good if the bottles weren't so blooming small!!

my pet mouse thinks there to big

wineciccio
29-11-2013, 20:56
If there is a polish shop near where you are then I would suggest you call in and get some of their beer/s, I'm not a beer aficionado (prefer the red stuff):beer: but I did like what I was drinking when we where there in august,

MykCamper
29-11-2013, 22:08
If there is a polish shop near where you are then I would suggest you call in and get some of their beer/s, I'm not a beer aficionado (prefer the red stuff):beer: but I did like what I was drinking when we where there in august,

Just hope that Greene King :scared: don't do a take over of their breweries! :cry:Some good USA draughts in Weatherspoons at the mo between 5 - 7 ABV. Thats right yank beer thats not larger p1 ss1 :cheers:

Siimplyloco
30-11-2013, 07:19

British beer (and its made here) is now completely pish. .

Customs duty avoidance. The people who make Stella, etc., are saving a fortune, but are not passing on the savings to us punters. I don't drink their beer any more even though I starting drinking Stella some 30 years ago.
I get through quite a lot of Gordon's though....
John

Brochloon
30-11-2013, 08:19

Try this - Brewdog.com. Beers at 15.1%. Brewery is in Aberdeenshire but they sell on line.

barryd
30-11-2013, 16:22
I had a Schorschbocks or something or other in Germany once that was 30%. Like flipping treacle. Hit the spot though although the bike was a bit wobbly on the way back to the van.

Seems the decrease in alcohol is down to duty and costs.
Taxbeater! Stella and Budweiser cut alcohol levels in bid to save millions of pounds in duty hikes | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2090136/Taxbeater-Stella-Budweiser-cut-alcohol-levels-bid-save-millions-pounds-duty-hikes.html)

Pity. I used to tollerate Stella and Kronenbourg but not anymore. Rubbish unless you get the imported stuff and you might as well have a Leffe then!

sasquatch
30-11-2013, 17:24
Its not just beer spirits have had 5% reduction in strength and 5cl in capacity and instore bakeries have been able to make 5%-10% more sausage rolls from the same quantity of mix! and bread exp baguettes have gone shorter all for the same price-welcome to rip off Britain.
I'm the man that waters the workers' beer - do not give them the chance - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K92ssxA3k4I)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS