PDA

View Full Version : Walney island barrow in furness

bikerrf900
29-11-2013, 22:29
Just got back from 4 days at walney south end of island, On first arriving spent best part of an hour clearing bottles tinnies general mess, looking round the area later noticed all the grassland had been ripped up a local chap later told me idiots camping in 4x4s had caused all the damage, wont be long before this location will be taken away from us due to the idiot brigade, the first car park has already been gated and padlocked due to the amount of rubbish being left,tis a shame as its such an easy going place, With such friendly people, Met a chap camping out on a carp fishing bed and bivvy bag, he was game but always smiling enjoyment doesnt have to cost the earth lol.

Croftland1
29-11-2013, 23:06
4 days camping? I'm sorry, but maybe this would attract some negative attention.

bikerrf900
30-11-2013, 13:18
Im not sorry, And after reading a few of youre threads Full o ****e, know it all spring to mind, I would be amazed if you ever wild camped, Sounds more like some snotty campsite owner, Maybe im clearing youre crap up, Im all for free speech but dont ever try and big youre self up of me,

Croftland1
30-11-2013, 16:44
Another pleasant member of our community and a wonderful advertisement for wild camping. Where do we find them??

Fazerloz
30-11-2013, 18:36
Im not sorry, And after reading a few of youre threads Full o ****e, know it all spring to mind, I would be amazed if you ever wild camped, Sounds more like some snotty campsite owner, Maybe im clearing youre crap up, Im all for free speech but dont ever try and big youre self up of me,

And thats the edited version because originaly it was over the top. Whats going on lately has everybody been eating raw meat. :tongue:

Kath
30-11-2013, 19:27
I'm really not surprised Biker got upset at the nature of the first response to his thread. Why do some people have to be so judgemental by assuming such a pretentious and superior attitude to unknown circumstances or situations. It's getting to the point where people will stop posting rather than risk attack. Just read and enjoy a thread in the spirit it was written.

stonedaddy
30-11-2013, 21:01
4 days camping? I'm sorry, but maybe this would attract some negative attention.

I imagine Walney Island authorities would welcome Biker back for as long as he wants. If he cleans up everyone else's rubbish as he is looking after the place and keeping it clean and saves them doing the Job. I was at the same place myself a few weeks back and I to was picking up everything round my van left by others so campers would not get blamed for it. A few days out on the wilds of Walney would be no big deal to the locals if we keep it clean.
.... Tom ....

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS