PDA

View Full Version : Brittany in July

carolinemoon
03-12-2013, 05:01
Well it's the time of year when we start thinking of trips away next year. With work commitments etc, we're only going to have 7 or 8 days so thought about driving down to Brittany-just because it's not too far & we've never been! Any suggestions on some good places to visit/stop over would be most appreciated. We have an Aires book also. Thanks.

rebbyvid
03-12-2013, 07:51
Everywhere in France is good to visit. I would not plan as you will likely change it daily .Just remember though July is the start of the French holidays so it will be busy so don't make the mistake of trying to find somewhere to stop to late.(just after lunch is ideal).
Plenty of info here
Blank Page (http://www.rebbyvid.co.uk/#/more-links/4542257529)
Rob

snowbirds
03-12-2013, 08:50
Hi carolinemoon,

Brittany is a great area the west coast is very rustic with plenty of Aires and not two Busy.

Snowbirds.

Well it's the time of year when we start thinking of trips away next year. With work commitments etc, we're only going to have 7 or 8 days so thought about driving down to Brittany-just because it's not too far & we've never been! Any suggestions on some good places to visit/stop over would be most appreciated. We have an Aires book also. Thanks.

carolinemoon
03-12-2013, 09:19
Thanks - this will be our third trip to France & Brittany is somewhere we've not explored. Thank you for your hints & advice.

n brown
03-12-2013, 09:46
I found central Brittany a bit uninteresting,but the coastline is brilliant ! plenty of places to wildcamp as well as aires of course.if you go to Carnac to see the stones,then Quiberon is ok too,but heading west from there to follow the coastline round to the north and back to the Cherbourg peninsula is a very nice trip,and some spectacular coast !

carlosj
03-12-2013, 11:24
Hi, we went to Concarneau last year but on a campsite. However, when we meandered South along the coast in the car, we found several discreet parking spots for CVs marked up for an overnight stay, but without facilities. I don't know if these would show up in an Aires book, but if you go along the coast I'm sure you'll find plenty of places.

We got by with Satnav and a low detail map, but if you have no satnav, then a high detail map will be better with these smaller roads.

I found the coastline beautiful and the (small) towns lovely, and we'll go back again.

lebesset
03-12-2013, 11:25
peak holiday season in france starts with the 14th july national day , bastille day , so it will be chaos from saturday 12th onwards ...best you are away before that

snowbirds
03-12-2013, 12:39
Hi,

Here is a couple of pictures of an Aires at Sanguinet on the coast below Bordeaux and Arcachon.

Snowbirds. 1904319042190411904019039

n brown
03-12-2013, 16:41
a few pics from Brittany.no idea where exactly as we travel very randomly !19051190501904919048190471904619045

barryd
03-12-2013, 16:48
Its hard to say what to recommend in 7-8 days. The north coast and the south coast both have some lovely places and Finistaire and the west are like the west coast of Scotland and as David says loads of opportunities for wilding.

Depends which port your coming into. If your coming into Roscoff your dead handy for the west coast. Otherwise its a bit of a trek from Calais for 8 days.

paul h
03-12-2013, 21:42
when ive looked into doing this its only been 80 dearer to sail to roscoff which in 7.5 tonner is less miles to get around brittany

carolinemoon
04-12-2013, 10:03
peak holiday season in france starts with the 14th july national day , bastille day , so it will be chaos from saturday 12th onwards ...best you are away before that

Thanks for the heads up - unfortunately we have to take time off to fit around our jobs so can't choose when we go - we'll have a good time either way I'm sure.

carolinemoon
04-12-2013, 10:05
Hi - we ONLY go via the tunnel as I don't sail. Extra expense/travelling time etc is just something we do...we're used to it :tongue:

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS